Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:45 PM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default New Eric Chu Interview on Cylon.org

He has some good explainations on the designs and approval process for the new BSG minseries.

Located at: http://www.cylon.org/bsg2003/bsg03QA-Eric01.html

Two-Brain
Old September 25th, 2003, 05:40 AM   #2
goldcenturian
Shuttle Pilot

Default What's it with

everybody associated with the mini production? The hair thing ALWAYS comes up and some questions are answered by futile attempts at humor. Maybe THAT'S what's missing from Bonnie, Ron and all of the way down through the production ... a good sense of humor! Or maybe they aren't taking their work seriously at all. Honest questions are answered with a joke, for instance the one about barbie clothes worn by a hamster???
Strange...
Bye,
Carolyn
goldcenturian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #3
The Blue Mule
Warrior

I wasnt impressed with his answers.

Chu pobably doesnt care about the production. Just a feeling I have, but then again its all I have.

Rich
Old September 25th, 2003, 09:13 AM   #4
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Here is a good one...

Question from interview: "We've heard rumors that some designs that were too faithful to the original 1978 series were rejected solely for that reason. Do these rumors have any valid basis?"
Eric Chu's answer: "Yes. That’s true."

So much for being faithful to the original series!!!!!! He even states as much that anything resembling the original series was specifically rejected!!!!!!

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:05 AM   #5
jjrakman

Thumbs down

Quote:
The hair thing ALWAYS comes up and some questions are answered by futile attempts at humor. Maybe THAT'S what's missing from Bonnie, Ron and all of the way down through the production ... a good sense of humor!
Now just a damned minute there, that's nothing to be joking about. No one should be poking fun at the hair styles of the TOS, and they expecially should not be poking fun at the hairstyles of anyone working on the new mini. That would be below the belt.

Quote:
Hence, certain “insect-like” qualities were introduced (i.e. exo-skeletal details, long sharp fingers, etc).
So what, now the Cylons are Insecticons? Boy this just keeps getting better and better...

Will someone please wake me up from this NIGHTMARE.
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:23 AM   #6
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Al, not everything was rejected. There *will* be recognizeable features in the mini. Although i'm not happy with the direction they took i put my heart and sole into what i made. And believe me that included ships from the original. No variance in there designs.

But the rest is a mere shadow of what was.

Old September 25th, 2003, 10:45 AM   #7
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Titon:
You did what you had to, as did Ken: and TOS Box set is doing *very well* at Amazon (#113 today)--I doubt I've ever bought anything there as highly ranked by sales. And I agree with Taggart: looking forward to seeing many copies of the mini in the $5.99 bin at WalMart in say about March (sorry--it's just one of those "payback" things, nothing against the CGI folks or most of the actors).

Nothing you all did hurt TOS at all. Because everyone is aware that Ms. Bonnie's minions (producer/writer hirelings) are only capable of producing "mere shadows". It's just sad they have to drag talented artists and actors through the process with them.

May Tom D. have more than one Phoenix in his pocket and he and Larson get the numbers they need, find the right investors. Galactica will rise again...as Titon once said.

KTF,
Jewels:z:

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:53 AM   #8
jjrakman

Titon, I'm sure it's not your fault. You can't help it if you have a Moore-Ron for a boss.
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:55 AM   #9
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Titon, I'm sure it's not your fault. You can't help it if you have a Moore-Ron for a boss.
Hehe, well at least i didn't have to deal with him directly. Personally i'd would have had to be restrained in that case i think.

In my brief conversation with Ken i never did ask him how he restrained himself while dealing with Ron.

Old September 25th, 2003, 10:58 AM   #10
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Colonial Fleets

Jewels, Galactica has already risen. I don't believe we as fans ever gave it the chance to fully die. In the long run we will get what we've been pineing for all these years. It's just going to take a bit longer but i believe there is always hope. And all those little birdies that keep telling me to stay focused.

Old September 25th, 2003, 11:27 AM   #11
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

*likes Titon's birdies, wonders what kind of seed they like to get them through the winter*

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 05:52 PM   #12
dilbertman
Warrior Ace

Default Re: Here is a good one...

Quote:
Originally posted by Charybdis
Question from interview: "We've heard rumors that some designs that were too faithful to the original 1978 series were rejected solely for that reason. Do these rumors have any valid basis?"
Eric Chu's answer: "Yes. That’s true."

So much for being faithful to the original series!!!!!! He even states as much that anything resembling the original series was specifically rejected!!!!!!
Here's another one I like.

Quote:
CA 29. If you could work on remaking any classic science fiction series or movie, what show would you choose to work on?

Well, that’s a bit of a contradiction there. I mean, if they’re considered classics, then they shouldn’t need remaking, right? That said, there are many films that I loved growing up and would be thrilled at the chance to be a part of. However, if we are talking shows that have a certain “something” yet could stand some re-thinking or updating, I would have to say, SPACE:1999.
WHY then are they remaking Galactica?

Jim:colwar:
dilbertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2003, 07:06 AM   #13
dah66
Warrior

Sandy asked reasonable and intelligent questions and received jokey and halfhearted answers.

What is most concerning is that the overall design for the mini seems to be based on what looks cool or what could be completed in time. This seems to contradict the statements of Moore and company in regard to creating a realistic environment. Meaning, why would the Colonial's have such a hodgepodge of military hardware? And why would the Cylons be patterned on humans and bugs?
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2003, 08:07 PM   #14
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Gold Centurian the only thing I can say about what YOU
said is "SPOT ON" ..............they don't have a sense of
humour do they? As a matter of fact I'd be happy if they
just had a bit of "COMMON SENSE".
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote