Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 11th, 2003, 03:09 PM   #1
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Everybody knows Scifi dropped Tremors, is Scare Tactics next?

RATINGS FOR TREMORS AND SCARE TACTICS:

May 2, 2003 From The Futon Critic

Tremors
3/28/03 1.8
4/04/03 1.2
4/11/03 1.3
4/18/03 1.2
4/25/03 0.8

Scare Tactics
4/04/03 1.5
4/11/03 1.3
4/18/03 1.2
4/25/03 0.8

--------------------------------------------------------
SCI-FI PULLS TREMORS & CLEO 2525

May 1, 2003 From The Futon Critic: Sci Fi's hot streak could be coming to an end as the cable channel announced today it has pulled its original drama "Tremors: The Series" and repeats of former syndicated series "Cleopatra 2525" from its Friday schedule. Encores from "Stargate SG-1's" sixth season will take over both hours (8:00/7:00c and 9:00/8:00c) beginning this week. Fellow Friday series "Scare Tactics" however will continue to run fresh installments at 10:00/9:00c.

No reason was given for the move however based on "Tremors'" 35% drop in audience between its first and second weeks, low ratings are likely the culprit. Such news could mean the end of Sci Fi's 11-month streak of building on year-to-year averages, the longest by any network, broadcast or cable. Final numbers for April however will not be available for several weeks.

Currently, "Tremors" is set to return on Friday, June 20 at 8:00/7:00c for the remainder of its 13 episode order. The drama will undoubtedly be helped by the return of "Stargate SG-1" to the schedule when its two-hour seventh season premiere hits June 13 at 9:00/8:00c.

As for "Cleopatra 2525," no return date has been set.

Last edited by dvo47p; May 11th, 2003 at 03:59 PM..
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 03:10 PM   #2
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Too bad they don't pull the plug on Bonnie Hammer. Her lineups are a House of Horrors.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 03:58 PM   #3
Scooter2000
COMPLETELY BANNED

Baaaaaaaha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I bet the Scapers are laughing even harder.

-Ronald D. Moore-
Scooter2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 04:40 PM   #4
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Scare Tactics is using nudity

Yeah, Sex grabs viewers. Cylon #6, ST:Voyagers 7 of 9.

Now NUDE chicks & guys @ Scare Tactics. Nudity during Satan coven sacrifice? Yeah, bogus dangerous condoms, Shanon sets up a beefcake casting couch, also.........................................?

Is T'Pol next? YES!

ST: Enterprise -- Same Berman, But New Enterprise? (WARNING: Major Spoilers)

Star Trek Emperor Rick Berman is trying to sell everyone that "Enterprise" is going to reinvent itself next season into a watchable show.

The details will appear in the May 10 issue of TV Guide, but we'll give you the Cliffs Notes version. Aliens called the Xindi are going to wipe out part of the Earth to prevent humans from destroying the Xindi in 400 years.

Yep, it's more mind-numbing time travel twists. But, Berman says it's all new, because next season, Archer and friends are going to have to stop the Xindi. "Enterprise" is going to be refitted as a warship, and most importantly, T'Pol (Jolene Blalock) will get a new "cat suit" and haircut. Maybe she will actually have hair next year . . . Now that's interesting.

STS9 & topless in hottubs, you bet!

-- Spike T.V.?
The National Network (TNN), which was formerly "The Nashville Network" (also TNN), is going to become "Spike T.V." As a cable network, TNN has been struggling to find an identity on the increasingly crowded cable dial. This time the network is aiming squarely at the male demographic with sexy cartoons and financial news. Yep, that's all we men thing about: sex and money. Oh, we think about Star Trek too, so that will carry over from TNN to Spike.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2003, 05:09 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default T'Pol

Well next week she is in HEAT due to the PonFarr ritual. even Dr Phloxx isn't safe.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 01:12 AM   #6
Senmut
Strike Leader

Well, only Vulcan men are supposed to go though pon farr, but as usual, TPTB screwed up for ratings. As to Tremors, never saw any, BUT if Sly-Fry cancelled it, it MUST have been good.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2003, 06:18 AM   #7
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Scooter2000
Baaaaaaaha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I bet the Scapers are laughing even harder.

ROTFLMAO!......we sure are.....I was hoping that Tremors would get the boot. It just isn't and never will be in the same league with Farscape...Frell, it isn't even in the same league as Saturday morning cartoons...LOL......and hopefully the powers that be will see this Bonnie trend and send her packing and realize that everything she has done is FRELLING STUPID!!!...she better keep her hands off of StarGate.....lol..... if she thinks she has a fight now with the Scapers, let the Gaters get their hands on her...they would picket her house....Maybe all three campaigns should pull ranks together and actively get Bonnie booted........I could think of several people that could do her job well ...well, besides me... lol:p
emerita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2003, 11:14 AM   #8
une
Shuttle Pilot

ugh, I liked Tremors. It was stupid campy fun.
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
une is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2003, 04:32 PM   #9
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I liked the original movie alot. The other movies weren't as good, but were fun.

But Scifi gave us a load a crap. Though... there are worse shows on that channel.

Thank god for TNN.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2003, 04:53 PM   #10
Krystal
Bad Email Address

As a Scaper I'm really enjoying that ratings specially the last ones. That are the worst programs they can't mix with Stargate. I'm really missing the old Scifi Fridays.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2003, 06:59 AM   #11
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I saw on 48 Hours last week where they were doing a segment on reality TV shows. Scare Tactics is being beraged by lawsuits from the people that they scare. I actually can't see what is so funny about scaring someone like that. I think, they think, that they can be like the show where families go into the haunted places; but when you do it without the knowledge of the person, it could get serious....What if someone has a bad heart or prone to cerebral anysuryms? Are they waiting for someone to die from fright? They don't seem to realize that even teenagers can have bad hearts or undiscovered anysuryms.......Mark my words, it will happen eventually on Scare Tatics.....
Old June 30th, 2003, 02:01 PM   #12
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I think I've only seen a bit of two shows so far while clicking around.

I saw one where they faked a new zoo employee seeing his boss getting mauled by a gorilla. If it had been me I probably woulda thrown a huge rock at the gorilla's head.

That wouldn't have been good for the actor inside.

The other time I saw them trick a new magician assistant into thinking that she stabbed the magician with a sword during reheasals. I could easily expect that to seriously freak someone out.

This show really is horrible in so many ways.

On the other hand...if they decided to freak out Bonnie Hammer....

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2003, 02:12 PM   #13
emerita
Bad Email Address

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

That I would like to see...LOL.