Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 31st, 2003, 05:26 AM   #1
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Name change?

Any truth to the rumor that the RDM production could be forced to drop the Battlestar Galactica name?

That would solve a few problems if true.
the3rdhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 05:44 AM   #2
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

What would they call it?
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 05:59 AM   #3
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Really doesn't matter

But they could take any of the Battllestars mentioned in TOS pilot and go the sidestory route, purely speculation of course. Who really knew for sure that all Battlestars (except for Galactica and Pegasus) were destroyed?

Hope to do some surfing in April.
Old March 31st, 2003, 07:05 AM   #4
newt
Warrior

Default Rumor?

I hadn't heard this one. Since they're touting the series as Battlestar Galactica they'd have to change it to read something like Battlestar Galactica: The Columbia Voyages.
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 09:13 AM   #5
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Michael shot back at RDM

and mentioned something about a name change and "tides of change" in April. Could be that he's just venting and is using any scrap of hope to fire back.

Who knows?
Old March 31st, 2003, 10:50 AM   #6
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

Makes too much sense.
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 11:00 AM   #7
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Re: Michael shot back at RDM

Quote:
Originally posted by the3rdhuman
and mentioned something about a name change and "tides of change" in April. Could be that he's just venting and is using any scrap of hope to fire back.

Who knows?
Prolly just grasping at straws.
I wouldnt take it too seriously till it was reported by a reliable source like www.AintItCool.com or sumthin.

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 12:42 PM   #8
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Too bad TPTB don't realize that that one thing would bring a lot of BSG fans on board
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2003, 01:17 PM   #9
ststeven11

Quote:
Originally posted by Stevew
Too bad TPTB don't realize that that one thing would bring a lot of BSG fans on board
S
Its like a catch-22. Use the name and get brand recognition but no fan support. Don't use BSG and have no marquee name but the fans will accept it and possibly support it. I wonder if TPTB really think that fans will faithfully watch the mini and/or show simply because of the name? If so, did they check the Nielson ratings for Galactica 1980?
Old April 1st, 2003, 01:28 PM   #10
Belloby
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Stevew
S
Possibly. And I mean just possibly for me. I would be concerned what they were turning the BSG concept into. If it was just going to be another ENTERPRISE (TV series not the ship) I would not watch the show.

The same way I didn't watch G80.
Belloby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2003, 01:46 PM   #11
ststeven11

Default Re: Rumor?

Quote:
Originally posted by newt
I hadn't heard this one. Since they're touting the series as Battlestar Galactica they'd have to change it to read something like Battlestar Galactica: The Columbia Voyages.
How about they rename it "Battlestar Titanica?" It would be more appropriate if the mini tanks. There could even be an outside shot of Ronnie standing on top of the bridge, arms outstretched shouting "I'm the king of the world!"

Seriously, I'm all for it if TPTB rename it.
Old April 2nd, 2003, 01:40 PM   #12
Belloby
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Re: Rumor?

Quote:
Originally posted by ststeven11

How about they rename it "Battlestar Titanica?" It would be more appropriate if the mini tanks. There could even be an outside shot of Ronnie standing on top of the bridge, arms outstretched shouting "I'm the king of the world!"

Seriously, I'm all for it if TPTB rename it.
Love it! Frack, I'd pay money to see that!
Belloby is offline   Reply With Quote