Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 13th, 2004, 03:02 PM   #31
Antelope

I would take anything Moore says in an interview and any "leaked" scripts with a grain of salt. One thing I noticed about the Moore interviews that I have read is that he appears to be very well versed on TOS while he says otherwise. He also gives minor credit to things he borrows deeply from, apparantly so people won't see where he's going. He is changing names and environments to confuse people on what's going on but he is borrowing heavily from TOS and even BSG1980. The human-cylon idea was the cliff hanger at the end of BG1980. It is also the best episode of BSG1980 other than the Starbuck episode. It was obviously where Larson was going if they made a season 2 of BSG1980. It is also one of the ideas that was not destroyed by the fans at the time or lately. He pretends like he is now figuring out where he is going while the preplot developments in the mini point otherwise.

The ultimate role of Boomer will be held close to the vest until it comes out on TV. The guessing will be a big factor in growing interest. Even if she "discovers" she is a cylon it may all be a ruse for those around her to allow her to stay.

In the mini there appears to be some sort of relationship between Boxey's now deceased father and a cylon 6 model. There was no reason to have his character at the space station otherwise. There is reason to believe the unseen cylon that 6 met in Caprica was short in stature based on camara angles and the head tilt of 6 in the scene. I speculate the unseen person was Boxey. I doubt Boxey and Baltar luckily ended up at the same site where Boomer just happened to land. Boomer's ship was the only modern vessel not effected by the cylon ECM. Boomer was the one who did the "children first". Baltar was handed the lucky number, although he almost didn't use it. What does this mean... Boomer is a cylon. She knows she is a cylon. Her mission that day was to pick up Boxey and Baltar. Baltar didn't take the freebie so he is either human, human with a chip, or now a cylon duplicate and doesn't know it.
Old February 13th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #32
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the analogy Antelope.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2004, 03:40 PM   #33
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
I would take anything Moore says in an interview and any "leaked" scripts with a grain of salt. One thing I noticed about the Moore interviews that I have read is that he appears to be very well versed on TOS while he says otherwise. He also gives minor credit to things he borrows deeply from, apparantly so people won't see where he's going. He is changing names and environments to confuse people on what's going on but he is borrowing heavily from TOS and even BSG1980. The human-cylon idea was the cliff hanger at the end of BG1980. It is also the best episode of BSG1980 other than the Starbuck episode. It was obviously where Larson was going if they made a season 2 of BSG1980. It is also one of the ideas that was not destroyed by the fans at the time or lately. He pretends like he is now figuring out where he is going while the preplot developments in the mini point otherwise.
I agree with you. RDM has never been particularly straightforward with the public about his influences; in fact, he apparently only saw the theatrical release of Saga before he started writing the mini, and now he'd have you believe he was a huge fan.

And the leaked script was very, very close to what was shot. Once again: head over to cylon.org and check out the BSG pages. Two-Brain did a masterful review of the project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antelope526
The ultimate role of Boomer will be held close to the vest until it comes out on TV. The guessing will be a big factor in growing interest. Even if she "discovers" she is a cylon it may all be a ruse for those around her to allow her to stay.

In the mini there appears to be some sort of relationship between Boxey's now deceased father and a cylon 6 model. There was no reason to have his character at the space station otherwise. There is reason to believe the unseen cylon that 6 met in Caprica was short in stature based on camara angles and the head tilt of 6 in the scene. I speculate the unseen person was Boxey. I doubt Boxey and Baltar luckily ended up at the same site where Boomer just happened to land. Boomer's ship was the only modern vessel not effected by the cylon ECM. Boomer was the one who did the "children first". Baltar was handed the lucky number, although he almost didn't use it. What does this mean... Boomer is a cylon. She knows she is a cylon. Her mission that day was to pick up Boxey and Baltar. Baltar didn't take the freebie so he is either human, human with a chip, or now a cylon duplicate and doesn't know it.
Since I didn't see the whole show, I can't authoritatively comment on anything to do with Boxey. I did see the opening sequence, though, and it played out very much as the leaked script did (although they edited out most of the graphic sex). There was no relationship between the station officer and Six. She just showed up, grabbed his yoo-hoo, and the station went boom. Remember the dialogue? He'd never seen her before.

The threat of the Cylon Boomer is going to be held over the viewer's heads for each and every episode until they have to reveal it - expect to see reminders pretty much each episode, I'd bet (I'm a writer - I know most of the tricks to hold interest).

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2004, 03:46 PM   #34
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the post Dawg! Excellent as always.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2020, 05:21 PM   #35
Senmut
Strike Leader

Default Re: A Continuation-So Simple.

And, true to form, we didn't get a true continuation. Someone, somewhere, doesn't want there to be one.
No doubt, one of...them.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote