Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 1st, 2003, 05:12 AM   #1
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default My Message for Beth / BlueSpringsBelle

The threatened legal action from Beth and her good friend and attorney caused me to take a bit more interest in her and I read some of her other internet actions. Some of it I knew and consisted mainly of her attacking the long-term fans. I also found a couple like this one at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bamber/message/15953 .

Quote:
As for the people at Cylon.org. I think the folks here can check out that forum and make their own decisions.

I've been attacked for saying I was a big girl and did not like being told where I should post. I can forgive and forget. The people at the CA cannot.

I also do not appreciate the Two Brain's constant calling me a stalker. That constitutes defamation of my character........ Jamie does not consider me one........he's been very nice and all of my meetings with him have been arranged through proper channels.

Beth
I read this and had a strange feeling that I don't often have. I put my other brain to work trying to figure out what that feeling was and I finally recognized it ....

It was guilt.

Those of you that have followed my rantings for a while know that one of my core beliefs is that somebody else's bad conduct is no excuse for your own. I've said this time and again in many situations. While talking with Scooter yesterday, I stressed this same idea to him, reminding him that actions he didn't like that others took didn't excuse him from showing good judgement.

I realized that I was guilty of the same thing.

Beth has always been hostile to this fanbase and has launched a number of pretty vicious personal attacks against me and former CA mod, LordStarFyre. Unfortunately, I probably used her conduct as a blanket excuse to discount any harm I might have done to her.

In calling her a stalker, I didn't think I'd committed any serious offense. However, when I read the message above, I read the words of a woman that is actually feeling some real emotional pain. An old quote says that to the one giving an insult the words are written in sand. To the one recieving the insult, the words are written in stone. Obviously, she took the stalker label very hard and I was wrong in using it. I take it on faith that she's right and that she has focused her passion for this actor in a proper manner. She doesn't have to justify her passion for him any more than the rest of us have to justify our passion for BSG or anything else.

So, I fully admit, I was wrong in using that title to her. This isn't an apology with a qualification. Its a flat declaration. In using that label to her I was wrong. I shouldn't have let her actions influence mine and I should have been more considerate of how painful my words might have been to her.

Beth, I'm honestly sorry for hurting you.

Sandy, the Two-Brained Cylon
Old September 1st, 2003, 07:37 PM   #2
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Since she is related definitely to that G03 thing I'm moving this there.

I hope Sandy don't mind.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2003, 06:57 AM   #3
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I just got off the phone with Mr. Harp, civil lawyer and Georgia state senator, and I'm sure under other circumstances, a pretty good guy. As I suspected, he was unfamiliar with 98% of the background of the situation but is a friend of Beth's and was backing his friend, which I can respect. He expressed primarily that his intent was to stop the conflict as it was causing his friend emotional pain. I can respect that from his point of view.

In short, after an unfriendly but fairly productive talk, we came to an agreement that should, hopefully, place an end to some of the stupidity and conflict. For my part, I agree to ignore Beth and not mention her past conduct, my assessment of her or her passion for her actor, or anything that might paint her in an unfavorable light. For her part, she agrees to stay out of the BSG fandom entirely. If I slam her I violate my portion of the agreement. If she comes back into the fandom in any fashion, she violates her part of the agreement. She'll continue to operate in the actor forums and any such place that supports Jamie. For BSG fandom, she should now be nothing but a memory.

I specifically told Mr. Harp that I was not going to respond to any threats and didn't believe he had any valid legal case. However, I also said that I am bascially a nice guy and don't wish to cause Beth any emotional harm and felt that my reaction to her was primarily defensive one based on how she'd been interacting with myself and my moderators. I did admit that I could have used better judgement on a couple of occassions, which is something that I just chastized Scooter for not doing. That's a legitimate hit against me and I'll try to be more level-headed from now on.

If anyone notes either Beth or I starting to violate this settlement, please contact me immediately.

Two-Brain