Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 20th, 2003, 05:32 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

bone Words

I do not know if you are reading this, PTB, but I hope you do. Please read these few lines and I hope you can understand my fervency.

When I was much younger, words were what propelled my grades and helped me garner awards in school. I was so thankful for the ability to manipulate them. But the truth is, whenever it was vital, whenever it was truly important, words have failed me. Because you see real life does not yield chances for verbal rewrites, and scarcely time for contemplation. And I have always put my foot squarely in my mouth and choked on the few words I was able to envision.

Words are what make us so different from the other creatures in this life. Words let us assert our individuality and express the thoughts and emotions we so dearly want to share. And when they fail us, the tumult rages inside as we fight for a way to communicate.

The words I want to say today are these. Please do not go down the remake path for BSG. Mr. Faries has alluded to a possible wonderful creation you were aiming towards so recently, something that will add to or continue the BSG universe without destroying it. Please, please, do that one thing for us. Let you and us enjoy together a wonderful show that embraces what we both want, a success we can share with our children and they with theirs.

Alexander Pope wrote of his "desperate charcoal", something to scribble with in his prison cell and somehow share his thoughts with the world. This is mine. Please don’t let my words fail me yet again.

Affectionately and respectfully,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 12:29 PM   #2
Belloby
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Words

The daggit is right...and being polite.

I won't. Stop with this stupid remake of Galactica! You're only gonna make fools of yourselves.
Belloby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:58 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Belloby and welcome to Colonial Fleets!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote