Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 9th, 2003, 08:21 AM   #1

Heart Galactica 1980

I think that they should have named the new mini-series Galactica 1980! The reason for this is that it, and the following years is the time that the fans for the new mini series were born. The inuendo and gender changes seem to fit into the status quo of an MTV production.
Any thoughts?
JC
Old June 14th, 2003, 10:46 PM   #2
Senmut
Strike Leader

Compared to what Moore is defecating, GAL1980 is a Shakespearean Masterpiece!
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2003, 01:19 PM   #3
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Had to agree with the last two comments.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 05:54 PM   #4
Bug-Eyed Earl
Shuttle Pilot

Who was that guy walking around New York with the Cylon? WAs he a human Cylon? I ask this because he didn't act like a toady- he acted like he was equal to the Cylon.

Plus he blew up a microwave. Bastard.
Bug-Eyed Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #5
Senmut
Strike Leader

He was a Human-appearing Cylon, built for infiltraton.
Old June 18th, 2003, 09:07 AM   #6
LadyImmortal
Bad Email Address

I've been along-standing hater of Galactica:1980.

Ask anyone over on the BGC (well, the oldtimers, like Nathan or Bob) - they'll tell you my hate of G:1980 has been almost legendary.

It's a sad, sad day in the world when I have to say the following:

"I would rather watch a thousand episodes of Galactica: 1980, if they existed, than the Abomination."

::shiver::

--Rhonda
LadyImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2003, 11:42 AM   #7
Senmut
Strike Leader

Which only shows one the DEPTH of RDM's Baltarian treachery!
Old June 20th, 2003, 06:16 PM   #8
CommanderTaggart
Warrior

Colonial Fan ForceFounder/President
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Webmaster (Retired)
Laurette Spang.com

LadyImmortal... that is a STRONG statement. If I had a choice between watching 1,000 hours of G80 or taking a cyanide capsule, I'd have to think about it.

Superscouts!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhgggggggggggg!!!!!

I'd have to think about it hard.

There is no greater evil in the world than Galactica 1980, with the sole exception of THE RETURN OF STARBUCK, which was a reworked TOS script to begin with.

The show was spawned by Satan, and Executive Produced by Baltar.

Last edited by CommanderTaggart; June 20th, 2003 at 06:33 PM..
CommanderTaggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #9
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

And written by a trained monkey.....

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #10
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Welcome Blackstar! Yes, the mini should be named anything besides Battlestar Galactica. If they did that one thing, they would appease many of us with that fell blow.

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #11
originalsinner

Exclamation I find it funny

that one web site is called Galactica2003! The truth behind Dr. Zee will soon be told! Ron Moore is Dr Zee :upchuck: :upchuck: :upchuck:
Old June 20th, 2003, 11:26 PM   #12
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

You guys have hit it on the nail why the new prodution is identified here by the G03 name.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 03:04 PM   #13
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

http://fp.culttv.plus.com/ukculttv/galactica1980.html
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2003, 11:12 PM   #14
dec5
Warrior

Default 1980...

Basically this show was one of many disapointments that seemed to come with the franchise......

The Orginal show was straying from the Adama family....

Galactica 1980 only had a few of the originals come back...

And BSG3 looks to be a alternate universe version....like Gundam has done......
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2003, 08:36 PM   #15
zoom314

Default I do Like Sci-Fi in General, Not garbage or mush.

Well the reason Why Richard Hatch (the Actor) and Dirk Benedict didn't return when asked was from what I read in protest to the cuts to shows budget (50% cuts) . Of course the New Sunday 7pm timeslot couldn't of been a help either (No Violence, Childrens hour by FCC Decree, Something Educational had to be in that Hour, etc.). I did miss the cast members that for one reason or another that weren't in Galactica 1980, (Note: The Galactica would have found Earth eventually anyway and so what transpired might have happened anyway, Then again discovering Earth could have gone differently, Like an Empty Earth with no Humans, etc., But at least the Super Scouts would not have been made, I hope) But I did like most of It (I hated the Super Scouts, It stank) and It did have promise of Better Shows to come, It was Better than Nothing of course, Which ABC granted Everyone (Cancellation after the 10th Episode - The Return of Starbuck), Cause as usual They tried to rush everything again just like before in Battlestar Galactica and that made the Shows expenses go up and up, Which meant Universal didn't feel They were getting enough Cubits(money) and so Universal asked ABC for more and ABC balked and with Episodes in production that would have been at least as good as Battlestar Galactica that either were filming or about to be filmed, ABC axed Galactica 1980 and Universal then wanted nothing to do with this failed money loser ever again and Some wonder Why Battlestar Galactica took this long to get in to production again? answer: A Lack of confidence in the show as a Money Maker by Universal. Of Course It didn't hurt that from Day one of Battlestar Galactica that someone at ABC always rushed the Production schedule and that meant shooting on the Weekends and that meant Overtime and Double Overtime, It's like someone there really wanted the show to fail so that ABC would and could get rid of It. Getting Universal to abandon Battlestar Galactica/Galactica 1980 was the frosting on the cake and It didn't hurt that whomever wanted Battlestar Galactica/Galactica 1980 gone from ABC TV back then either. Oh and those Flying motorcycles, they were made for an unknown Battlestar Galactica episode (one of the Cancelled ones most likely) I've read. Dr. Zee, Well considering He was Half Human and something else, Anything is possible although not highly likely, They could have cast someone in their 20's instead to make the role more believable, So with a Kid in that role one had to take the Kid with a Grain of Salt and hope for no silliness in connection with any episode He was in. The Time traveling to catch Dr. Xavier (Richard Lynch) was ok and was typical Battlestar Galactica, even If It was only through time and space on or above the Earth, Instead of just in space. and the Idea of the Galactica and the Fleet giving up and assimilating into Earths population was a stupid idea to do in the 20th Century as the 19th Century would have been Easier to blend into as Lots of Immigrants were coming to the USA from Europe then. Or Contact maybe on some level with the US Government and/or the UN might have helped (But They would demand proof that the Cylons even Existed or most likely that the Cylons were even a real threat to Humanity as a whole) or investigating what went wrong with the colony from Kobol after It got to Earth around 50,000 years ago would have been a good part of the series. Dr. Xavier was on to the right Idea (Not Totally of course), He just couldn't achieve His goals on a Grand enough Scale and, Earth in It's present state of Technology was not able to Help and would be Helpless to a Basestars Laser/Missle Assault from Orbit, Nuclear Weapons only have enough range to go from One area of the Earth to Another and are not designed for a Ground to Orbit Attack, As they can not get to Earths escape velocity and so would fall to Earth useless as Most of The Rockets are considered Sub Orbital by the Military and No there wouldn't be time to put them on Delta Rockets which can acheive escape Velocity (You can strap on Extra Booster rockets on to Delta Rockets), Which from the surface of the Earth, escape velocity (ignoring air friction) is about 7 miles per second, or 25,000 miles per hour. So I can't totally write off Galactica 1980 or Lorne Greens final TV Episodes before He died. He was that good an Actor. So there were Good and bad points, But then again Shebas Galaxy mentioned this too. this was just My 2 cents on Galactica 1980.
Old July 27th, 2003, 09:37 PM   #16
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo AGREE SENMUT!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 02:29 AM   #17
Senmut
Strike Leader

Thanks, Shiningstar.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.