Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:16 PM   #1
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default The Mother of All Urban Legends

I was on my way to the Post Office to pick up my case of free M&M's (sent to me because I forwarded an e-mail to five other people, celebrating the fact that the year 2000 is "MM" in Roman numerals), when I ran into a friend whose neighbor, a young man, was home recovering from having been served a rat in his bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken (which is predictable, since as everyone knows, there's no actual chicken in Kentucky Fried Chicken, which is why the government made them change their name to KFC).

Anyway, one day this guy went to sleep and when he awoke he was in his bathtub and it was full of ice and he was sore all over and when he got out of the tub he realized that HIS KIDNEY HAD BEEN STOLEN. He saw a note on his mirror that said "Call 911!" but he was afraid to use his phone because it was connected to his computer, and there was a virus on his computer that would destroy his hard drive if he opened an e-mail entitled "Join the crew!"

He knew it wasn't a hoax because he himself was a computer programmer who was working on software to prevent a global disaster in which all the computers get together and distribute the $250 Neiman-Marcus cookie recipe under the leadership of Bill Gates. (It's true—I read it all last week in a mass e-mail from BILL GATES HIMSELF, who was also promising me a free Disney World vacation and $5,000 if I would forward the e-mail to everyone I know.)

The poor man then tried to call 911 from a pay phone to report his missing kidneys, but a voice on the line first asked him to press #90, which unwittingly gave the bandit full access to the phone line at the guy's expense. Then reaching into the coin-return slot he got jabbed with an HIV-infected needle around which was wrapped a note that said, "Welcome to the world of AIDS."

Luckily he was only a few blocks from the hospital—the one where that little boy who is dying of cancer is, the one whose last wish is for everyone in the world to send him an e-mail and the American Cancer Society has agreed to pay him a nickel for every e-mail he receives. I sent him two e-mails and one of them was a bunch of x's and o's in the shape of an angel (if you get it and forward it to more than 10 people, you will have good luck but for only 10 people you will only have OK luck and if you send it to fewer than 10 people you will have BAD LUCK FOR SEVEN YEARS).

So anyway the poor guy tried to drive himself to the hospital, but on the way he noticed another car driving without its lights on. To be helpful, he flashed his lights at him and was promptly shot as part of a gang initiation.

Send this to all the friends who send you their mail and you will receive four green M&Ms—if you don't, the owner of Procter & Gamble will report you to his Satanist friends and you will have more bad luck: you will get sick from the sodium laureth sulfate in your shampoo, your spouse will develop a skin rash from using the antiperspirant which clogs the pores under your arms, and the U.S. government will put a tax on your e-mails forever.

I know this is all true because I read it on the Internet.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:19 PM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Damn... now I know why my life is so miserable
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2005, 10:08 PM   #3
Lara
Squadron Leader

Gosh, That guy really needs to know about the Nigerian official who for a fee will park a spare million in your bank account of which you willl have 10% to keep..

Ohh, and its just as welll he eats KFC, despite the rats and pigeons, becos the Maccas problem with the derainforestation of the world to feed the cattle for their beef patties has caused the ozone hole to get out of control and the real chickens get radiation in their eggs.

Cheers,
Lara
Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:00 AM   #4
Senmut
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
Damn... now I know why my life is so miserable

Actually, that's just perfectly normal paranoia.
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 04:07 AM   #5
Senmut
Strike Leader

'lo?
----------------------------
"You know the night before was a tough one when even the sound of the fizz hurts your head." -Mike Hammer.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #6
WarriorChemist
Shuttle Pilot

Default Lol

That was hilarious. I feel like screaming when people send me these, and they think they are real. I usually look it up at About.com and send that to them as a reply. Would you believe that some people STILL continue to send them to me even after I've shown them repeatedly that these silly email warnings are hoaxes? Some people just can't learn.

Whew, that made me thirsty! Gotta go sterilize some soda cans before drinking out of them (you know - rat urnine...)

By the way, we really do eat a lot more filth than we realize. I used to work next door to the food chemistry lab, and they inspected all kinds of bottled or jarred foods for filth. It's too hard to eliminate every possible microscopic undesireable thing from food. A certain amount of filth is "allowed", and the main types I recall were rat hairs, bug legs, bug wings, exoskeleton parts, etc. We had people trained to identify these things by using microscopes.

Maybe if I thought about this more I could lose the extra weight I've gained!