Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old May 18th, 2003, 02:31 AM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Big Grin The Matrix: Reloaded and well....

I just saw the Matrix Reloaded. I came home feeling a little nauseated and I had some vanilla ice cream to settle my yummy.

I won't say any spoilers. But I saw it tonight and well... wasn't hugely impressed. The first is definitely better.

The new movie is stylish, and has LOTS and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of slow motion kung fu fighting sequences. But there is little sense of urgency while you are watching most of the matrix. Neo is now so powerful that he can battle matrix foes all day long. Hundreds and hundreds...thousands upon millions of kicks and punches. But well... none of it really matters. The foes keep coming, and he never really gets hurt. But those fights scenes last most of the movie.

The worst sequnce is the freeway scene. A fight that lasts 14 minutes and nothing really happens until the 13th minute. Basically its a real good time to get some candy or head for the bathroom. You won't miss anything. Except maybe the motion sickness my friend and I got from the chaotic choppy camera movements. Yup... when they head for the freeway its time to get some popcorn!

The few times they aren't fighting and when they do have dialog is definitely interesting. (except one really boring sex scene) I wish I they had combined this film and the next and cut out 90% of the fights. It would have really helped.

Especially since Matrix Reloaded ends abruptly. Like when the tape in your vcr doesn't have enough room left when it records.

uh...I would have to say a marginal :thumbdwn: but because its The Matrix you really should see it.

One added addendum. There is a animatrix short called "THe Final Flight of the Osiris." It would be helpful if you saw it BEFORE you see this movie.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote