Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old December 31st, 2003, 11:31 AM   #1
jjrakman

Default Almost done watching my Firefly Boxed Set

I've only got 2 episodes to go.

Wow. I really like this show, I see why there's such a strong fanbase for a show that only aired 11 episodes.

Although I think it would have been better suited on HBO, I don't really think it's a show for young kids that way BSG was. Although, I'm surprised the WB didn't try to buy it.

On the interviews they did say they were going to try to make it a movie, and I've heard whispers on the net to that effect. I'd love to see a movie of this, or a continued series.

But somehow I have a feeling that this is going to end up being another BSG, with years of promises and false hopes. I hope I'm wrong.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:34 AM   #2
jjrakman

By the way, Zoic did the effects on this right? I thought we had a few Zoic folks around here, great job! It was all very seamless.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:22 AM   #3
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

I'm glad you liked it!

I loved Firefly. To me it has alot of Battlestar Galactica's old chemistry. You got a small core of people who really are becoming a family like unit. They are out there in a raggity ship.

The captain, Malcom reynolds reminds me of Apollo. Inara is Cassiopia the solicetor. Zoe is Boomer.

And yes, Zoic did the effects for Firefly. Infact there is a shot in the mini where you can see Firefly.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 11:37 AM   #4
jeditemple
Bad Email Address

The show might have made it, had it appeared on another network. Fox just tried to get their Friday night lineup going again and trashed the show when it failed to draw huge ratings. That timeslot has been cursed ever since the X-Files left it bare in the 90's.
jeditemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004, 10:26 PM   #5
callsignfalcon
Warrior

I finished watching the box set today actually! It was awesome! And Joss is pretty serious about trying to get it to the big screen i heard!
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote