Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old April 11th, 2006, 06:24 PM   #1
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Default Anyone Remember Chopper One?

This was a short-lived show which aired on ABC during the 1974-75 season. Dirk Benedict(his first TV series, IIRC) appeared as a police officer who worked out of a helicopter. I don't remember who his co-star was. I'm also curious if anyone might have access to any episodes of this series.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #2
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

Jim McMullan was the other guy. He popped up on an episode of A-Team.

I have no idea when you can get this. Sorry. I would also love to see it.
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #3
Eric Paddon
Squadron Leader

The best bet for finding a lot of obscure series is to try the "unofficial" distributors of episodes on DVD (translation-bootleggers) from off-air recordings. For something like "Chopper One" though I'm not aware of any place that has aired it at any time.

Sometimes, obscure series will resurface in airings in faraway places like England and Australia and make it to the unofficial DVD market (that's how I got "Project UFO") but that tends to happen more for sci-fi than cop shows alas.
"They hate us with every fiber of their being. We love....freedom, independence, the right to question. To them it is an alien way of living."-The non-myopic wisdom of Commander Adama, "Saga Of A Star World"

"How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."-Ronald Reagan
Eric Paddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #4
Bijou88

I looked up this series and the only thing I could find was that it only had 13 episodes and it aired on ABC in 1974. Dirk Benedict played Gil Foley A pilot for the California Police Department's Chopper One Squad, an airbourn highway patrol. It sounds like an early version of "Chips" with Helicopters taking the place of motocycles. I have really vauge memory of this show. Back in 1974, I was busy watching Planet of the Apes on CBS.
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #5
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I did come across a copy of the pilot episode on Ebay a few years ago. The description said it was VHS transfer from a 16mm print, but I couldn't afford it at the time, darn it.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:49 AM   #6
marlee

I remember that show.I lost alot of my tv show memorbilia(not a great speller)when I have moved so much but I probably had something on that show.I was a tv addict. I like that show . It gave me the willies when the chopper did a nose dive and took off fast but other than that it was great.
Old April 17th, 2006, 02:23 PM   #7
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

They used to show it at Sunday dinner time on ITV over here. I can just about remember it.

They should put it out on DVD.
Old May 8th, 2006, 09:57 PM   #8
Galactifan
Warrior

I have all of the original CHOPPER ONE scripts from the tv series. Also, I was able to obtain the pilot episode of CHOPPER ONE on VHS videotape. It was a pretty cool tv show that I originally saw during it's first run on ABC-TV back in 1974. CHOPPER ONE starred Dirk Benedict and Jim McMullan as Police Officers in a helicopter. The TV series was originally to be called "Chopper Cops."

http://www.tv.com/chopper-one/show/4169/summary.html

Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Bijou88

Great pictures! It's really great to see Dirk in action in his pre Galactiaca days.