Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old July 5th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #61
Winemaster
Shuttle Pilot

Have Cain find Terra for an extended stopover for repairs and resupply, he takes on some Terrans who get trained and become replacement crew members.
Winemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 06:15 AM   #62
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Get Larson and Hatch together, but under a proven producer like Tom DeSanto and workout a deal with Universal Studios to produce the Battlestar Galactica movie features under one roof
Not possible. It's already been tried. Larson want's all the credit. Believe me and he doesn't want to share the limelight with DeSanto.

And keeping away from the fanboy mentality Richard is a non factor. Of course he spent countless hours working on the second coming trailer which i give him HUGE kudo's for but the only players in the whole scenario would be DeSanto and Larson. Richard would just muddy the waters. Unfortunately that's not being mean it's being realistic.

Old July 6th, 2005, 06:56 AM   #63
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

If I had push one out the airlock..........................Larson.

I believe DeSanto understands Battlestar Galactica not sure about Larson any more. DeSanto pulls more weight and would have to compromise less.
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:01 AM   #64
David Kerin
Warrior Ace

Colonial Fan ForceArtist
Colonial Fan Force
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDBattlestar Galactica
Revivalist

For this to come together I agree that creatively Larson should team with DeSanto. I don't think Larson alone has the credibility to pull together a major motion picture, but with DeSanto I think it can be done. Who knows, if enough time has gone by and Singer is available to direct, that may be the final thing needed for production to move forward.

I would be very happy if the DeSanto story/concept was used, however the only thing I didn't like was the "oops, it seems we were going the wrong way all these years... Earth was in the opposite direction." Other than that it seemed like a great combination of old and new. I want to see that match strike and follow it up to Starbuck (testis in tact) light that cigar.
David Kerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:31 AM   #65
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

What David K said. All the way down to lighting the cigar.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:19 PM   #66
Fragmentary

Is DeSanto even a factor in these discussions anymore? His continuation series fell apart and his attempts at the animated series didn't get off the ground. And if Larson is the man with the controlling rights to take Galactica to the big screen, then I don't see how DeSanto even fits in anymore.

At this point it's all up to Larson, and I really don't think that guy has any pull in Hollywood. That's because he's been semi-retired for years now, and that's not a swipe at him in any way. He was very successful and deserves to relax and take it easy now.

But at this point, unless someone new steps into the picture that Larson is willing to let run the show, the continuation seems to be on the shelf indifinitely.
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:26 PM   #67
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

I believe DeSanto *can* be a factor in this.

Just as Glen would want to team with the "hot" Todd Moyer years ago, he needs to team with a hot producer of today. And DeSanto would be that person.

At Galacticon, Larson *did* have high praise for DeSanto's efforts.
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:35 PM   #68
Fragmentary

But as Titon pointed out, Larson doesn't really seem to have much interest in sharing the limelight with DeSanto. And minus the access to Glen's movie rights it just doesn't seem like Tom has any cards left to play. A couple of years ago at a screening of the theatrical print of the Galactica pilot, Larson was asked about working with Tom and he said he'd be interested, but in the time since Tom went on to try to make the animated thing happen. I think we can probably assume that he never would have done that if he and Larson had actually been able to work out a way to go forward together.
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #69
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

AActually, Larson had more to say regarding his BG project that many tend to over-look or forgot about: The Knight Rider project comes first, THEN he's talking BG.

So no... I don't think DeSanto would be out of the picture at all.
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:40 PM   #70
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

To clarify, what that means is Larson is busy with Knight Rider, DeSanto does something else in the meantime.

When both are free, then it's very possible they could work together. And funnily enough, a certain director might be free around that time frame as well.
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #71
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

The one thing about whichever player(s) are involved, interviewed or even just asked a question... On the surface, they're always going to say that they would be willing to work together. It's the Hollywood mantra - never say never (at least in public). Behind the scenes, it's a completely different story - that's where the egos come into play and people do what they do when the deal is made - no matter what discussions that took place before.

We could talk about DeSanto, Larson & Hatch all day long and we could still be wrong as to how it will eventually happen, when and if it does. It isn't up to us and it's all purely speculation I know what I would like to see and who I would like to see behind it, but I'm not the guy that has the money and makes the decisions.

I'll just be happy when it finally does - it's like waiting for the "Great Pumpkin" to rise out of the pumpkin patch....

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #72
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

Of course it's all specualtion, Linus. That's why this is a Discussion board

Now be careful waitig for that Great Pumkin... I heard Snoopy patrols the skies around that area at night and his night vision isn't that good in telling an interloper apart from a peanut
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #73
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

That would be because his Sopwith Camel isn't equipped with night vision goggles.

I too think anything could happen. The CFF guys aren't off their rocker asking for folks to write Universal's Family Home Video folks for a direct to DVD continuation movie. My dad always says the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote