Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 6th, 2003, 07:04 AM   #31
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Would have worked

Each long-form episode fits on one side of each disc, so they could have put all the episodes on just one side of 8 discs. The quality of the disc would have been greater...

well, that's Universal for you...

http://bscallisto.proboards.com/index.cgi
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 07:07 AM   #32
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Re: Would have worked

Quote:
Originally posted by Charybdis
Each long-form episode fits on one side of each disc, so they could have put all the episodes on just one side of 8 discs. The quality of the disc would have been greater...

well, that's Universal for you...

They will probably release another set in the future.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #33
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

I'm reminded of the poor quality control which Universal has from time to time. (The last example: The "Back to the Future" DVD set which required a voluntary recall to fix glitches.)

(groan) I haven't watched my BG DVDs yet. When you (as a consumer) pay a sizeable amount for a product like this, you'd think they could get it right...

Michael
:colwar:
Old November 6th, 2003, 12:53 PM   #34
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Well, I haven't watched all of the disks yet, but so far I've had no problems. I suppose I should count myself lucky.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 09:00 PM   #35
Starbuck_frack

I finished watching the discs last night. I had no problems with any either. So I will also consider myself lucky.

Old November 7th, 2003, 11:45 AM   #36
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I watched "The Magnificent Warriors" last night to see if I would have any problems with it as described. I did have a bit of a stuttering problem with the picture and sound in 2 places, but no breakdown in imaging or anything. It didn't occur at the beginning of the episode as described previoulsy - I figured that I was lucky when it didn't happen. I am going to check and clean the disk and try it on the other 2 DVD units in the house to see how it goes on them. I wasn't really upset about this - I was never crazy about this particular episode anyway. I might contact Amazon anyway and see how they want to handle this - I did shell out big bucks for it...

My best to all,
Bryan
________
Marijuana dispensaries goleta
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2003, 06:20 PM   #37
Bijou88

I received a call from Circuit City today. They finally got in a new batch of Battlestar Galactica sets so that I could exchange my defective set. I played "The Magnificent Warriors" to check if it would play and (drumroll please) it did! I checked all of the other discs to see if there were any other problems in evidence. Everything seems to play as it should. One small problem. As noted above, extracting the discs from the case can be tricky. Some of discs are more difficult than others. I noticed that there is a crack on the hole of disc three. I was carefull when removing the disc, but the crack may have happened when I took it out of the case. The disc plays fine, but I wonder if there is any way I could fix this flaw. Any suggestions?
Old November 17th, 2003, 12:47 PM   #38
Artemis
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bijou88
As noted above, extracting the discs from the case can be tricky. Some of discs are more difficult than others. I noticed that there is a crack on the hole of disc three. I was carefull when removing the disc, but the crack may have happened when I took it out of the case. The disc plays fine, but I wonder if there is any way I could fix this flaw. Any suggestions?
I was also very careful removing mine and my disk 3 had a crack that went across half the disk but was only visible on the back side of the position it came in. My player wouldn't even recognize the disk so I sent it back. I would watch to make sure it doesn't get bigger because it may make you disk unreadable. I have been putting them back in very lightly so that they don't move but aren't seated all the way down. Someone else mentioned that they put all of theirs in new holders.
Old November 17th, 2003, 12:51 PM   #39
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I was the one who bought new replacement cases.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 05:24 AM   #40
Bijou88

I brought the cracked set back and got a new set. I'm on my third set now. So far every thing looks great. No cracks, no video break up. Everything is fine and I am happy. I took a great deal of time and care to get the disks out of the case. I think that getting snap cases for the set is a good idea. It would be worth it to preserve the show for the ages. Maybe we should showcase the art we design for the covers. It would be fun to see what people come up with.
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:17 AM   #41
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default One side gold??

After hearing about gold colored discs, I have noticed something very strange about one of my discs. The aforementioned Disc 2 is slightly gold colored on my set!!! BUt it is only tinted on Side 1, not on Side 2.

Is this normal?? ANd why would only one side of the disc be discolored? Or could it be just a variation in the silver layer of the disc that looks sort of gold?

Old November 18th, 2003, 10:39 AM   #42
Artemis
Warrior

On both the sets I have had, I had to send the first one back, the 2 sided disks were gold on one side, the one sided disks were silver. I figured it is a feature of 2 sided DVDs.
Old November 18th, 2003, 03:06 PM   #43
Charybdis
Battlestar Callisto

Default Hmmmm

I only have one disc that is like this. The rest of my double-sided discs are silver on both sides...

Old November 18th, 2003, 03:36 PM   #44
Artemis
Warrior

So much for my theory. <shrug>
Old November 18th, 2003, 04:49 PM   #45
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Actually I'm having problems with disc one side 2. And it's a
brand new dvd play too.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 06:15 PM   #46
Starbuck
I'm 100% female

Well, my disc #6 is acting up again. I just put in my request for an exchange at amazon.com. The DVD replacement set should arrive by the end of the week.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:06 PM   #47
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I've been having problems with side 2 of disc three and side 2 of disc 5. They appear to be blank and my DVD works fine. I even had the same problems with these discs on the DVD-ROM on my computer.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 07:58 PM   #48
Starbuck_frack

Disc 4 and 5 both are blank on side 2. That should solve your disc 5 problem with it being blank. Disc 3 in my set was fine. So maybe you have a bad disc 3. I had no problems with any of my discs. Just a little confused by the disc 4 and 5 being one sided.
Old November 25th, 2003, 09:58 PM   #49
dec5
Warrior

Default OK

Yup...my set seems to be A OK.....
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote