Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 15th, 2003, 06:42 PM   #31
GiovanniBlasini
Shuttle Pilot

Yeah, I'd give it a chance. I gave this one a chance, after all, and I gave all the incarnations of Star Trek after TOS a chance. Oh, and I have Stargate SG1 a chance after the movie.

The basic premise of Battlestar Galactica (which is the same in both miniseries and TOS pilot) is what always appealed to me. The various details, frequently, I can take or leave, and some of them (the non-Earth origins for humanity) I actively disliked. At least in the miniseries, they've given themselves an option in how they set things up that they can have the surprise revelation that humanity is actually from Earth, should they choose to go that route.

So, yeah, even if they lost the "big name" talent, for example, I'd still tune in to check it out.
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #32
callsignfalcon
Warrior

Default Fall of '04

The fall sounds logical, especially if the newest addition (coming in Jan to sci-fi... i have no idea of the name) doesn't work out... BSg would then take SG1 or SGA's spot once their summer run is done... also if they film it around the same schedule(not nessicarily the same months) SG1 and SGA do/will for each new season then its not unlogical for it to film at least half a season before airing begins. (SG1 has already completed all the filming for S7 I believe.... spoilers can be found in numerous places for the finale)

I can't wait if it does!!!
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #33
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Fall of '04

Quote:
Originally posted by callsignfalcon
The fall sounds logical, especially if the newest addition (coming in Jan to sci-fi... i have no idea of the name) doesn't work out.. I can't wait if it does!!!
No idea of the name, try these out:

Press Release Source: SCI FI Channel

1.) Dead Lawyers

2.) The Divide

3.) Legion

4.) Stargate: Atlantis MGM Television

5.) Painkiller Jane

6.) Clive Barker's The Evil One

7.) Total Eclipse

8.) Suture Girl

9.) A Mad Mad World or House, Reality TV Shannon 90210 on steroids?

10.) Series projects currently in development include Quantum Leap, Anonymous Rex, Reveille's 1000 Days and Brother Voodoo.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 07:50 PM   #34
callsignfalcon
Warrior

Default painkiller jane?

O.o perhaps? I personally hope scare tactics get burned... reality shows seem to degrade human society (showing the worst of it (backstabbing etc) tho scaring the sh** out of your friends is funny id rather participate then watch.... and sometimes its just cruel!
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 01:18 AM   #35
sdwebguy

Default Re: A question for the mini fans

Quote:
Originally posted by oldwardaggit
If the mini comes back re-imagined once again for a series and has all different actors, a different story and has very little to do with the 2 part mini that you enjoyed, would you give it a chance ?

OWD
Absolutely! I enjoyed the mini but the continuity of the old series appeals to me, also. TOS should be updated however to show 25 years of change.