Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 11th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #1
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

Default The X-Box Game - A Call to Arms

I just got my first chance to play the game, set in the Cylon War, 40 years prior to the destruction of the colonies ... and as I expected ... after 25 years of fantasizing about piloting a Viper ... I loved it!!! But ... they left a HUGE issue out of the game ... X-Box LIVE capabilities!!! When I first heard that they were producing a new generation vid-game on the X-Box platform, all I could think about was how great it would be to go into combat with REAL wingmen, & REAL Cylon enemies. For those who have played with X-Box LIVE, I'm certain you understand completely. For those who have not, Imagine all the regulars in these forums hooking up on X-Box LIVE to PLAY in the BSG Universe Together!!!! So here is my idea ... let's show are strength as Battlestar Galactica fans ... flood Microsoft & Vivendi Universal Games with Requests that they either release an update (if technologically feasible) or a new version of the game for X-Box Live! So here's the idea: Let's give time for as many of us to pull together as we can ... Say ... Friday evening ... & begin with the flood over the weekend and persistantly thereafter!!! Vivendi Universal Games can be contacted here: http://www.vugames.com/contact.do
I am still digging for a reliable X-Box (Microsoft) contact. Anyone who may know it, of find it before me, please post it here before our onslaught begins ...

Where as we all should be sure to type different things and not copy & paste ... We should certainly end the request with "So Say We All!!!"

(
for the Mods: I was trying to find the best place to post this ... as it is neither pro or con mini ... if you can link this to more than one "Area" please do, if not ... please mention it in the other relevent places )

~ViperAce
ViperAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #2
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

As an additional thought ... post to all relevant forums that you know of ... the more involved the better. I would, BUT ... I know myself better than to think I could keep up with too many forums ... so I read a lot, but limit my activity...
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:55 PM   #3
Dean Martin
Warrior

It is a blast of a game. My only gripe is the save points. They are too few and far apart. I'm not one that likes repeating levels over and over again to make up for some minor detail but it does capture yhe show. It's great to pilot a viper AND it has the original score.
My last complaint would be that the young Adama sounds very woosie. Must be the Olmos Adama and not the Lorne Greene Adama, hehe.
Dean Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #4
Dean Martin
Warrior

In response to the Live part it would not be technically feesible in the Xbox version. It would be possible to release a free patch for the PC version, however.
The devs would have to release another disc of some sort.
Old December 11th, 2003, 08:00 PM   #5
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Yup that game rocks.

I played pretty heavily for the first day, took me a few hours to get to the second stage. At the moment am having trouble knocking out the cylon guns on the base star in enough time to save the Atlantia. Other than that fragging the Cylon Raidors is a piss of cake. Mush easier than arguing with certain webmasters, who immediately go on the defensive when their accuracy rating is challenged.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #6
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

Why would it not be feasible??? Although the PS2 console lack LIVE play, X-Box games are played Live all the time, this one was just not released with the Live feature.
Old December 11th, 2003, 08:04 PM   #7
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

Ooops /// left out the part where they release "Live" patches all the time ... and one like this should be small enough for the harddrive on the console..
Old December 12th, 2003, 05:48 AM   #8
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

I have looked and researched too much ... & Microsoft being what it is, I have been unable to locate a truly reliable contact. So ... time being what it is ... I have elected to go with the following ... http://www.xbox.com/en-us/community/forums/

This is a forum start page ... from here choose x-box live forums & sign in using .Net MS Passport ... if we get enough post going here, I think the MS BigWigs may take notice ...

Don't forget this one as well:

http://www.vugames.com/contact.do

"So Say We All!!!"
Old December 12th, 2003, 06:19 AM   #9
Titon
Retired or am I?

Special Effects Artist
Battlestar Galactica 2003
COMMAND INSIGNIACoFounder
Colonial Fleets

Ok guys, i too have played this game. I essance what do you think of the path they took?

Do you like the *feel* of the game?

Do you like the original series aspect of the game?

Just like to find out your feelings

Old December 12th, 2003, 06:31 AM   #10
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

The quickest answer for me would be what didn't I like ...

-Being from the "PacMan" generation ... where Galaga & Galaxian were my favorite games ... I wish it were a tad ... just a tad ... easier to complete levels. Perhaps easier is the wrong term ... shorter would be more accurate

-& of course ... the purpose of this thread ... the lack of LIVE play
Old December 12th, 2003, 06:42 AM   #11
Dean Martin
Warrior

I'm not into the technical stuff but I do know that the Xbox games have to be coded with the ability for Live. I did not say it is impossible. They would more than likely have to release a "Live" enabled disc through say Xbox Live magazine. I'm afraid they would not do this for a number of technical and financial reasons not to mention political. Microsoft would never want the term 'patch' used.
If Battlestar Galactica featured Lan Play it would be feasible to play it live using software such as Xbox Tunnel.
If it were that easy to take a game and add Live play where it did not exist, all kinds of developers would do it after the fact. We would be playing Halo on Live right now.

Deus EX is one game that shipped without any form of onlibe play for the PC and a year later they released a patch that allowed multiplayer. It was weak and the size of the patch was huge.
Basically we would have to wait until a sequel to Galactica arrived and then we would could get online play. If sales are good enough we just may.
Also the way it is set up (Live) There isn't really a conduit to allow downlaods for this game.
Old December 12th, 2003, 04:05 PM   #12
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the input ... I would imagine it would take another disc as well ... so they do not set themselves up for a whole barrage from other games ... but hell ... I'd buy the "updated" version and sell the one I have on eBay ... so I went ahead with my requesting...
Old December 12th, 2003, 04:15 PM   #13
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

Default V/U contact update

forgot to mention the update on contact for V/U games:

http://support.vugames.com/vug/contact.aspx
Old December 12th, 2003, 07:17 PM   #14
Dean Martin
Warrior

Nothing wrong with requesting. They should have included online play to begin with.
Old December 13th, 2003, 09:30 AM   #15
ViperAce
Bad Email Address

Default Update ... Let's Keep It Going

I have been able to confirm a number of persons who jumped in on this with me ... would just like to ask for more ... as the more they see ... the more likely a satisfying outcome!!! Even those of you who have no current X-Box interest!!! Imagine it ... organized fleets from Colonial Fleets getting together across the world ... at the same time ... and engaging in BSG space combat as either a Cylon or Colonial .... Disagree with someone's postings here???? you could take your frustrations out by chasing them down and blowing them to bits!!! LOL

(another side note: It is truly GREAT to see the turn-around in the last couple of days in the attitudes on all sides of the debate!!! The fact that Battlestar Galactica fans can accept all difference in opinions and gather in one place is truly excellent)
Old December 13th, 2003, 10:06 AM   #16
sharpe26
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Martin
In response to the Live part it would not be technically feesible in the Xbox version. It would be possible to release a free patch for the PC version, however.
The devs would have to release another disc of some sort.
my question with regards to that is, are there plans or is there stuff in the works for a pc version?
sharpe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:51 PM   #17
jonahlee
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Martin
It is a blast of a game. My only gripe is the save points. They are too few and far apart. I'm not one that likes repeating levels over and over again to make up for some minor detail but it does capture yhe show.
This is what I keep reading in reviews, that their should either be more save points or an easier level of difficulty. I have even read some people can't even get past the first stage. Is it really that hard? I am not a fan of games that are totally frustrating, but I have been a fan of Warthog's flying games since the PS1 came out so...

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." -Piter de Vries

http://www.whaleofatale.net
jonahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:07 PM   #18
xenagabby99
Shuttle Pilot

Lightbulb Debating

I'm thinking about buying this for the Xbox but is the game really worth it. It's not something that's going to be finished in a couple of hours is it. I haven't really read any reviews on it yet. I usually don't, I like to form my own opinion. Let me know!
xenagabby99 is offline   Reply With Quote