Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 17th, 2002, 01:08 PM   #1
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default New scenes from TOS

Drop Kara, RDM does not know about Lt. Sheba. In addition, new stuff & scenes yes, new missing scenes.

Anne looks good, too!

http://www.UniverseOfLtSheba.com

Btw: Check out the yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Battlestar_Sheba/

While you are surfing yahoo groups:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/battle...acticarecroom/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/battle...acticarevival/
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2002, 10:41 PM   #2
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Default My Thoughts About Anne...

To quote Austin Powers, "Yeah, baby, yeah!!!"
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2002, 09:42 AM   #3
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Cool scenes 'cut' from TOS

If Ron D. Moore knew the other charactors beyond 'The Saga of a Star War', we would not need his gender bending script. I have that DVD & Baltar's throat was cut by order of the Imperious leader?

http://www.UniverseOfLtSheba.com
Old December 18th, 2002, 10:02 AM   #4
Artemis
Warrior

Default Re: Cool scenes 'cut' from TOS

Quote:
Originally posted by dvo47p
If Ron D. Moore knew the other charactors beyond 'The Saga of a Star War', we would not need his gender bending script.
Do you mean "Saga of a Star World"?
Old December 18th, 2002, 10:07 AM   #5
Artemis
Warrior

Default Re: Cool scenes 'cut' from TOS

Quote:
Originally posted by dvo47p
I have that DVD & Baltar's throat was cut by order of the Imperious leader?
The ending scene was changed to allow Baltar to return in the series. :ax:
Old December 18th, 2002, 02:07 PM   #6
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

I'm hoping Universal edits all these cut scenes into the episodes for the DVD set. BTW, is there any new info about a possible release date for the DVD set?
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 10:00 AM   #7
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Support this cool site, it has updates on scenes & scripts with a poll

Ok @ this address http://www.UniverseOfLtSheba.com has lots of 'new' & some regular 'uncut' scenes, that were cut from the episodes of 'The Living Legend' 1 & 2, 'The War of the Gods' part 2, 'The Hand of God' (that big kiss) why have a (Kara Starbuck) when you have the real first class (got the drop on Apollo) Sheba?

Plus other scenes, plus Anne interviewed on that Scifi hatchet job on Richard Hatch, the 'Sciography' Galactica marathon. All this is on the 'Moving Images' box, not a Window. There is also the script of 'The Hand of God' http://www.universeofltsheba.com/hogscript.htm

True Captain, this site some great 'cut' scenes, I would love to see included into each episode, not on a seperate DVD. Sort of like the first movie, third release of 'Star Wars IV' has 'new scenes, I like the new one where Solo steps on Jabba's tail. Great big lizards in that 'vile' space drome, lots of new stuff, in the VHS, Lucas wants to sell these off before putting no doubt even more 'new' scenes on DVD, I bet he will re-release IV, V & VI on the big screen first

Quote:
Originally posted by captmiloman I'm hoping Universal edits all these cut scenes into the episodes for the DVD set. BTW, is there any new info about a possible release date for the DVD set?

Last edited by dvo47p; December 19th, 2002 at 10:55 AM..
Old December 19th, 2002, 11:16 AM   #8
Sci-Fi
Bad Email Address

Thanks for the link, dvo. I'd never seen those two missing scenes before. It just proved one of my beliefs, though. People usually clamor for every last shred of footage to be included on the DVD's. This is fine, imo, as extras, but I hope these two scenes don't get inserted into the episodes.

The "Living Legend" missing scene had some good dialogue between Apollo and Sheba, but it seemed awkward, the way they walked around the viper as they exchanged dialogue.

The "War of the Gods" missing scene was not good at all. All exposition and not the best acting. Plus, the wrap-up at the dinner table later is plenty. There's no need for two wrap-ups.

While it would be nice for some scenes to be inserted into the story, like Serina flying the shuttle in Lost Planet, more is not always better. Editing is denfitiely not just a bad thing. It has its uses.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 11:25 AM   #9
Artemis
Warrior

I haven't looked at all the scenes yet but the first one with Sheba and Apollo was in the original episode, I have it on tape. Also the one where they recite the coordinates was on the original showing of the episode. I imagine many of these scenes are things cut for the reruns to include more commercials.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 11:33 AM   #10
Artemis
Warrior

My mistake the coordinate scene wasn't a missing one but I did watch the other 'missing ones' and they were all scenes that were in the original airings of those episodes. It bugs me to watch a rerun and know they cut out a scene that should be there just so they can put in more commercials.
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2002, 07:47 PM   #11
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Who knows Ray?

I got that via a yahoo update of that Sheba yahoo group, it has very little traffic, I had forgotten I had joined it until there was an email from that site, so everybody join up, that Natan guy updates there some, also

We will probably never know, these out takes might have been way out of context.
I put that episode The Long Patrol with Starbuck on The Rising Star, boy was I upset, Shawn had the entire episode on Radio Galactica, I was posting to the usual suspects, then during the ads, Wow, did I really miss good stuff. Cassiopiea and Athena after Starbuck was called back. The entire play between those prisoners and guards, so much was missing.

Quote:
Originally posted by RGrant
I'd never seen those two missing scenes before. It just proved one of my beliefs, though. People usually clamor for every last shred of footage to be included on the DVD's. This is fine, imo, as extras, but I hope these two scenes don't get inserted into the episodes.

The "Living Legend" missing scene had some good dialogue between Apollo and Sheba, but it seemed awkward, the way they walked around the viper as they exchanged dialogue.

The "War of the Gods" missing scene was not good at all. All exposition and not the best acting. Plus, the wrap-up at the dinner table later is plenty. There's no need for two wrap-ups.

While it would be nice for some scenes to be inserted into the story, like Serina flying the shuttle in Lost Planet, more is not always better. Editing is denfitiely not just a bad thing. It has its uses.
How bout George Lucas, three different versions of Star Wars 4, 5 & 6, but wait the DVD isn't out yet. Plus Queen what's her name is going to pop up on versions made before she was born, in real life, why, money...........

Plus there is a clip out on the net that has Cain taking the Pegasus out into deep space, after that battle with two Basestars, Sheba would be so happy, ya reckon Ron D. Moore knows about her?

Nah, me either............