Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 26th, 2004, 11:42 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default AI...Finally saw it...

I finally saw AI-Artificial Inteligence last night. It was a monumental work with great design and effects. I think its on the same scale as 2001.

But ARRRGH... the ending!!!!! it was sooo disapointing. I think I would have prefered if the film ended with the boy staring at the statue.

On the whole, the film had many touching moments, especially between david and his mom. But a little too dark for too long. I liked that woman seducing gigilo robot guy with a click of his head became a stereo system. He was good. An interesting companion that stole the show.

But I think the film really shold have ended with the boy frozen in time. The ressurection of the mother seemed like it was hastily done. How could her mother not notice that nothing else outside her house exists still? I mean a whole day passed without her noticing the world out her window.

I also don't understand why the mother had to die. Why not give the boy eternity with her memories? I mean we are already in the fantastical future. Why not allow a more happy ending?

I have to give this a

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2004, 05:48 AM   #2
amberstar
Strike Leader

I have to agree Tom, that movie was so sad. The ending could have been better.
I watched it once and once was enough for me.
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #3
Rowan
On Vacation...

I completely agree with you Tom those were my complaints exactly! and Amberstar I only watched it once as well and that does it for me too way too sad!
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:31 AM   #4
braxiss
Major

i guess i won't waste my time and watch this one
Old June 27th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #5
unowhoandwhy
Strike Leader

It was too dark for my tastes and that's saying a lot! I am glad I saw it, but I have no intention of seeing it again. It was a brilliant concept, but the execution was flawed.

Each smallest act of kindness reverbrates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.

This Momentous Day, H. R. White

unowhoandwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
I finally saw AI-Artificial Inteligence last night. It was a monumental work with great design and effects. I think its on the same scale as 2001.

But ARRRGH... the ending!!!!! it was sooo disapointing. I think I would have prefered if the film ended with the boy staring at the statue.

On the whole, the film had many touching moments, especially bete=ween david and his mom. But a little too dark for too long. I liked that woman seducing gigilo robot guy with a click of his head became a stereo system. He was good. An interesting companion that stole the show.

But I think the film really shold have ended with the boy frozen in time. The ressurection of the mother seemed like it was hastily done. How could her mother not notice that nothing else outside her house exists still? I mean a whole day passed without her noticing the world out her window.

I also don't understand why the mother had to die. Why not give the boy eternity with her memories? I mean we are already in the fantastical future. Why not allow a more happy ending?

I have to give this a

I think THAT the boy staring at the statue is the way the movie should have ended. They went off the deep end with the ending. That's why the
reviews of the movie were so bad I think.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote