Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 25th, 2004, 01:47 PM   #1
koenigrules
Warrior

Default Starlog #325 (Aug) Has A BSG Article

I just got my August issue of Starlog (#325).
It has a neat article on TOS of BSG, entitled "Viper Time: Still Feisty After All These Years, BSG's Jack Staufer (Bojay) Recalls Legends Living & Dead."
It talks about Staufer's character of Bojay and how he was going to be considered in a bigger role if BSG returned for a second season. It also discusses Hatch's BSG revival effort in the late 1990s & how Staufer was involved in it.
This is a must read article for all Galactica fans!
Get your copy on the newstand now.
And launch those Vipers!
KR
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:11 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Thanks for the find. Jack should be a great read, he's a good storyteller.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 04:14 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I don't usually bother with Starlog magazine anymore, other than skimming thru it while sitting in the cafe at Borders Books, but when I saw the article on Jack Stauffer, I took it home.

There really isn't anything new in the article, but it's cool just to see an article on a member of th TOS cast in a magazine. I was going to post something about it, but Jim beat me to it!

Bryan
________
LOVE ADVICE FORUMS
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #4
amberstar
Strike Leader

Thanks for sharing this, now I have to go get one for myself.
I cant wait to read it
Old July 1st, 2004, 03:23 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels
Thanks for the find. Jack should be a great read, he's a good storyteller.

The interview is outstanding as I mentioned in the news section. Missed this thread. Jack spoke on G-1980 stating that the show was suppossed to take place 20 yahrens after the original. He added that he decided not to participate in it for various reasons. One of the images in the article was from Battlestar Pegasus' homepage (Cain, Bojay, Sheba, and the Pegasus).
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2004, 06:58 AM   #6
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default starlog magazine

I read the interview with Jack Stauffer. About half of what he said in it are things he's said at the conventions I've attended; the other half was new to me, especially the details about his pre-Galactica career.
I was shocked at how much Starlog now costs. $7.99 in US dollars! When did it have such a tremenous price jump? I don't recall spending nearly that much on the magazine even two years ago.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote