Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old March 31st, 2006, 11:35 AM   #1
knight&day
Bad Email Address

Lightbulb okay, here I go...

puuh, this is not easy for me...cause my english is as well as my understanding of what my dog will say to me with his barking.
with my translation software on my side, i want to introduce myself to you.
there are two reasons for me to subscripe here and post today:
1) i'm a social kind of human and
2) i'm an affable (?) / friendly old man of thirtysomething.
3) third... hey, two reasons i sad!
okay, the third one is to be able to download the models for use in my 3D-software.
the where and why: i am male (a male? manly? masculine? unfeminine?, uh oh, i trie hard, but is it hard enough...?) teacher on a vocational school in good(?) old(!) germany. i read SF from the first time i could read a word, and i was lucky to begin with some classics like the bradbury-stories and h.g. wells, robert heinlein and some other. and stanislaw lem. does anyone in the u.s.a know mr. lem? unfortunately he died some days ago. today are vernor vinge and dan simmons my favourite authors.
the "starship enterprise" (german tv-title of the first startreck-series) was the first thing in tv that beamed me up to higher space of ideation (imagination(?). as an child i saw the battlestar galactica movie on the old black/white-tv-rack of my parents too. it was 11:00pm. i will never forget the moment, i dashed cold water again and again in my face to not miss out the end of the movie. hey, i was 12 years old or so and it was another time in another civilisaton (behind the iron curtain, you must know). no drugs, no coke (killer-coke?)
okay, today, as an old men with an 13years old daughter NO ONE should disturb me on wednesday evening, when the first season of "battlestar galactica 2003" is send /transmitted(?) on free tv in germnay (it is on tv for the first time ever in germany).
enough of my horesplay/monkey business (?)/trash (?).
it would have been a bright idea, to split this posting in 5 parts and to able to download my beloved models, but i am an honest fellow (as daniel boone, one of my other first tv-experiencees beside startreck...).

good night god bless america!

yours
knight&day from germany
knight&day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2006, 11:55 AM   #2
Darrell Lawrence
Formerly Warrior
The Lone Wolf

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
Colonial Fleets
3D Gladiators
Former Webmaster:
BattlestarGalactica.com
RichardHatch.com
GreatWarofMagellan.com
Web Tech:
LauretteSpang.com
DirkBenedictCentral.com
TombsofKobol.com

30 something? Bah... young pup still

Welcome

Were you East Germany, given that "behind the iron curtain" comment?
"Legends never die... They just get new Captains."
"Respect the past. It brought you the present."
Darrell Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2006, 12:17 PM   #3
knight&day
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior
Were you East Germany, given that "behind the iron curtain" comment?
yes, East Germany.
and your country, the U.S.A, was the official plitical enemy, comparable to the cylons. but never for me. the most things i found beautiful in my youth came from your land. music, characters, movie.
i had never the chance to see starwars or other movies from the west until the year 1989 and never the chance to read some SF-books except the ones who where political allowed (or my allieds in west germany smuggle through the iron curtain).
but i always knew: where such people like cpt. kirk and commander adama came from, there must be heaven, not hell...

k&d
knight&day is offline   Reply With Quote