View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2006, 09:20 AM   #2
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

42 million Americans do not have health insurance. They either cannot afford it, or cannot get it due to pre-existing medical conditions. There are also many people, and families, who have health insurance but are struggling to pay for it due to the extremely high costs of it.

There are other other options outside of health insurance that can help cover certain health costs, such as prescriptions, and in the least help lower via discount plans the costs of doctor visits, prescriptions, and emergency room visits which can be billed for thousands of dollars for the simplest of injuries. Yes, there are some companies which specialize in providing medical discount plans to those who cannot get insurance, or cannot afford insurance. Such a discount plan is not insurance and cannot be advertised as insurance because it will not cover major treatment of illnesses and/or high charges for treatment of injuries such as traditional health insurance does. But, such a discount plan does yet provide big savings on prescriptions, minor dental procedures, doctor visits, and provides a set amount in the single digit thousands to cover the costs of an ER visit for accidental injuries (IE, dog bite, broken arm, stab wound, burns, ect). It will not help you if you get cancer or a heart attack or any serious illness, not in the way that health insurance does because it is not insurance, but it does still give them discounts on doc visits, prescriptions, and as I said, accidental injuries requiring ER treatment.

Again, such a plan is not health insurance...but for those cannot get health insurance, it is a huge help to them. Imagine having your doctor visits discounted by 35-55%...imagine out of pocket prescription costs being cut by as much as a half, or more...imagine going to the ER for an accidental injury (an injury caused by another person with intent to harm, would still be considered accidental as per this plan) and getting charged 10,000, and you are covered for up to 7,500 by the medical discount plan. You would still owe 2,500, but that's a lot better than 10,000. But wait, even after that, up to (depending on what is done) 75% of hospital costs are covered. Or imagine your bill was 3,000...and the 7,500 cap covered it completely. Imagine that you get charged one low deductable amount for the whole family, for the whole year, after which you are covered up to 7,500 when you break your arm on Monday. On Tuesday you burn your hand on the stove and go to the ER, and you are covered for another 7,500. On Thursday your child hurts herself and you take her to the ER, and she is covered up to 7,500. And then there is also a discount prescription card that we sell with the plan that gets prescriptions discounted so that generic drugs are only $10, brand name drugs are $20, and select brands are up to $40. There are also other types of drugs that are not included in those tiers, because of the type or the necessary dosages, that are higher than the $40 tier but still discounted.

Such a discount medical plan, not being health insurance, will not pay tens of thousands or hundreds of thousand in treatments to save your life from a serious illness. For those who cannot get health insurance, to come down with a life threatening illness would be terrible beyond words. But for those same people, in the absence of such a terrible thing coming about, they would have peace of mind that their prescriptions were hugely discounted and made affordable; and that in case of an injury, that a trip to the ER costing thousands, would be easier for them to handle; and also that doctor visits were discounted. And also that if they died, being the primary supporter of the household, their family would recieve 25,000 to 50,000 depending on which plan they took. Also that hospital stays were discounted. Imagine there were many more benefits that made the high costs of medical treatment managable.

Many people access through search engines, information sites about alternatives to expensive or innaccessable health insurance. They enter their name and phone number and request information or quotes for affordable health coverage. That request is e-sent to an enrolling company for a larger company which provides the above mentioned health coverage plans, and then a person calls them up, gives them a sales pitch describing the benefits of the best plan, tells them what they would be covered for, what it would cost, and then signs them up.

To many of the 42,000,000 Americans without health coverage who cannot get insurance, such a medical discount plan, the company which provides it, and the enrolling company which signs people up for the larger company, as well as the salesmen himself who impressed the person called and signed him/her up, could be considered a godsend. And on the other side of the coin, with 42 million people who can't get insurance, and even more who have it but can no longer afford it, the people who sign them up for this alternative form of coverage, have an almost unlimited supply of customers; many of whom have a need that must be met.

That is what I do. That is the business that my cousin went into and built up, his own enrolling company, and that is the business that I finally joined him in, because he had been urging me to for a long time. he has a solid relationship with his contacts in the provider company, and a lot of trust and respect has been given to him because he has been a growing asset and impressive sales and business builder to them; so much so that they are asking him advice on how to market new ideas that they have.
There is no cold-calling. We never call out of the phone book. Every single person that we call, was someone who searched for info on cheaper medical coverage and filled out an online form asking for more info. Everybody who we call has a driving need for what we offer. And most people are surprised to find that the cost of the discount coverage plan is under $160 a month with a one time enrollment fee of $99...for the whole immediate family. There is a cheaper plan, of course, for individual people. There is also a slightly more expensive plan with a few more benefits, but the other one is the one we present first because it is very good in itself.

There are people who we call who cannot get insurance, and the discount plan with the 7,500 in accidental injury coverage and huge savings on prescription drugs and discounted doctor visits, are an enormous benefit to them. There are also many people who are paying up to $900 or more for their insurance, who have no choice but to seek out something cheaper. To them we would ask if they had pre-existing conditions. If they did have pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, athsma, kidney trouble (or whatever, those are just examples), we would remind them that the discount plan will not be enough to cover those conditions and would advise them to keep their insurance, because if they dropped their insurance for our plan, and later changed their minds, they would not be able to get their insurance back. We are salesmen and we are making money on the people who we sign up, but we have to sleep at night and we could never do something that would open somebody up for major problems that they would have without insurance. However, the person paying a fortune for health insurance, who had no pre-existing conditions and wasn't concerned with developing a life threatening illness tomorrow, and was struggling to pay his high insurance premiums and needed a way out, such a person would find a far more affordable benefit plan through us.

And that is what I do.

Unfortunately, there are 7 states which we cannot sell our plan in, due to restrictions in those states. They are Kansas, Florida, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, Oklahoma, and Utah. Thus, being a Florida resident, I myself had to go on a different plan which we can sell in Florida, and my costs for my epilepsy medication, which has been costing me over $300 a month out of my pocket since I lost my insurance, is now going to be costing me a little over a hundred.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote