View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:49 AM   #18
justjackrandom
Bad Email Address

Maybe we need to set up an on-line chat session at some point, to brainstorm this out a bit more. Ernie, of course you can be involved. This needs to be a fan project, and needs to get fandom involved at some point because of the resources that exist out there.

Warrior, I’d love to post to a similar thread on BG.com, but I don’t belong to that board. I registered, but there seems to be some glitch that hasn’t been resolved.

I am certain this can be done, and done well. Coupled with the 5yearmission project, there is a Star Wars fan flic that really convinced me of this. I can’t think of the name off the top of my head, but it was by two brothers. The coolest thing about it was that their use of physical sets was very limited, using mostly CGI, yet it looked incredibly good.

On a slightly separate note, but only slightly, as another fan project I am slowly gearing up to do, I am planning on doing a Lucas on the original series. I want to re-edit them: clean up some of the continuity issues, insert some of the really good stuff originally cut out for length (now that we have a lot of it from the DVDs), and possibly add some new CGI shots for space shots or for interior processes that were implied but never shown. This will also be a good resource and test process for some of the CGI that would be needed for a continuation.

I will probably be putting out the call for assistance for this at some point in the near future.
justjackrandom is offline   Reply With Quote