View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2005, 07:20 PM   #152
Pegasus4
Bad Email Address

I can't remember what I ate for lunch today but I remember the first time I ever saw this episode 26 years ago. Excellent.

To me Cain was a cross between Generals Patton and MacArthur and Captain Ahab from Moby Dick. I would have loved to have seen Cain return but not as a replicant (like the new show's cylons remind me of from Blade Runner). Hopefully that Season 2 ep killing off Sheba and replacing the Pegasus crew with androids was just idle talk and if the show had been renewed maybe word of that would've gotten out and fans would've complained. Then Larson wouldn't have done anything like that

Anyway I remember being 10 watching this ep for the first time and my dad and I laughing when Baltar tells Lucifer that a single battlestar is no match for 3 baseships. It got better when Baltar decided to lead the attack. I can still hear my dad telling me that Baltar was going to see the Pegasus himself.

Great battle scene. Baltar looking kind of cool and silly at the same time wearing that cylon helmet. I think he did ok leading the attack by going for the Galactica's landing bays. And of course I'll never forget (and I always love watching this scene) his face. One minute he has this evil grin and he's actually saying goodbye to the Galactica. Then annoyance as the cylon pilot/copilot(?) interrupts him. And the startled look as he turns to yell at the cylon only to shut up mid word as he sees the Pegasus. I love that shocked look just like I like Commandant Leiter's face when he sees the Galactica's landing bay for the first time in Greetings from Earth.

I think Baltar did the right thing sending the other 2 basestars forward to defend him from the Pegasus. They are supporting ships and his is the flagship (of his fleet). Imperious Leader would've done the same thing.

Over a year ago my dad asked to see some scenes from the series. Baltar seeing the Pegasus was of course one of them. That's still his favorite scene of the series 26 years later too.
Pegasus4 is offline   Reply With Quote