View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thomas, that's great! You should definitely treat yourself now and again - that's a great way to feel good about all those hours working so hard.

For sure, /don't/ feel nervous about buying electronics online. I /always/ buy them online, and before the net I used mail order. You will be amazed how much money you will save. The thing about buying mail order or by internet is the descriptions really aren't enough to make an informed decision. So what I have always done is shop at real stores til I find the make and model I want, then locate it on the net and save beaucoup bucks! Also, you can easily research models on the net for reviews and opinions to be certain you're getting the best.

I researched my Sony camcorder at Circuit City, etc so I could see it in person - but it was $900 there. I got it online for $600. And I saved over $1000 on my home theatre by simply shopping online after I found what I wanted.

Also, sometimes just telling a salesman you found it cheaper elsewhere will often get you a big discount.

Enjoy!

P.S. Try and hook your DVD up for the best picture and sound possible. It really makes all the difference. (E.g. component video instead of RF, and by optical thru an a/v receiver for audio).
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote