View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #32
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

I remember watching this as a kid, and saying the same things to my Dad, about it being one of the best episodes - and why didn't Starbuck rebuild Cy and fly the second Raider off the planet...?

And to be honest, I can't imagine that Starbuck with be there 20 years later, sitting next to a perfectly good Raider. So either he did fly it away, or the Cylons sent another fighter to find out what happened to the first.

During the CFF chat with Dirk, I asked the question of whether the events of this episode happened to Starbuck and would affect a Continuation, and he agreed. Also, in the Second Coming they go to get Starbuck after Baltar mentions him, so I reckon he did survive and departed the planet.

I'd like to see this episode re-issued on official DVD. There are bootleg DVDs of it, and the rest of the G80 series on ebay. One of them says that it also has an documentary comparing and contrasting the original and G80. I don't know which documentary it is, but I would be very interested to see it.

It would be cool to get this episode on DVD, maybe with the docu if it is worthwhile, and more up to date interviews with Dirk and Glen etc. Maybe another petition could help that ?

I also understand that there is another unfinished episode of G80, about Xavier time travelling back to Cleopatra's time to alter history. Partially filmed, but not finished. This may show that Return of Starbuck was not the last G80 episode ?????
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote