View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #34
Antelope

I will return.

Each episode is a snap shot of a much longer journey. Maybe unknown to us upon Apollo's return he had a shuttle sent back to pick up Vela and Puppis. On the other hand it may have been a statement like MacArthur's "I shall return" to the people of the Phillipines in 1942. A statement he intended to keep. I am sure with the help of the 13th tribe Apollo may have believed the fleet would one day return.

Vela knew Apollo had a son and life back at the fleet. She wasn't happy with the danger that came with a warrior's life from her own words. She reached out to Apollo because in many ways he reminded her of her husband.

Even if Apollo sent a shuttle to pick them up I do not know that Vela would be happy or willing to exchange her farming life for life on the rag tag fleet. In the event such an event happened and they did return to the fleet I would question whether Vela would want to continue a relationship with Apollo. She would have a blended family with a kid who just lost his mother and a husband in a high risk military occupation.

All in all I think the two were brought together by a unique sequence of events but neither would want to continue the relationship after it was resolved. Unfortunately in any scenario Puppis was going to get emotionally hurt.