View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2005, 06:32 AM   #18
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks TT!! That's great advice! I think we spend more time at Home Depot than we do eating and breathing!! (Whenever we move, it seems there's always a ton of stuff to do to make it liveable...).

I did do one goodie, one thing that annoyed the previous owners (and us) was the front storm door -- you had to fight with it every time you wanted to open it. SInce I am the default techie in the family (only one from US), I took apart the opener and took a gander. A few minutes later I had cut a little dowel-like pin to just the right length and glued it to the opener-pushy-thingie (as you can tell I'm well versed in hardware terminology), and stuck it back together. In less than 15 minutes, me a complete novice, had fixed a door that had aggravated folks for years. Chalk up one for the daggit!!

I will try all of your sweet advice my friends. And if all else fails, I will take McDonald's advice from the 70's (courtesy of Barry Manilow), and tell these darn wooden windows, "You deserve a BRICK today!!!"

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote