View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2005, 12:53 AM   #23
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha
Where to even begin...
I do not watch this episode on DVD, I do not I do not I do not!
The Laurel and Hardy robots... kill them, send them to boxey and the robomut land. They are cute, but a bit annoying after a while. A short while.
The idea that they come from a low gravity world didnt world for me, they couldnt have because they wouldnt be proportinately similar to a standard human. So I kept wondering about that (sux being in the medical field and knowing a bit of biology), so Id say just have them be normal. Ok, now about the Luna7 thing. I didnt understand, still dont what difference it made to Apollo where it was. I mean, if they wanted answers, why not go to the source, the power in the system, not some moon somewhere with refugees.
The weak kneed councel was another thing I would change in all episodes. Make them strong and determined, like Roman councelors. They should be tough and hard to out debate or argue, not bufoons. If they wanted to show why Adama sometimes gave in and sometimes didnt, have it be where sometimes they made sense in their opinions, maybe not wise, but intellectually honest.
As far as the Vipers getting trashed... dont these people understand close the door when you leave? For crying out loud people, close and secure the canopy!
The bad acting, theres little that can be done about that, its part of having a weekly series I guess. I do wish they had more time between episodes, perhaps they could shoot them well in advance and just air them when needed, in order, in entirety. That might help. I agree, this was a bad one, but salvagable IF your willing to change the cutsey kiddy stuff that was obviously thrown in to be funny for the tykes who should have been in bed instead of staying up late ruining a great show. OOpps did I say that out loud?

tabbi

Hello Tabitha,

Hate to slightly derail Eric's intenede topic, but this episode originally aired as a two hour special in the 7:00-9:00PM slot. Curse ABC! Now we can return to the topic at hand. I would just rewrite the whole story. Maybe combine it with "Experiment In Terra" & "Baltar's Escape"(ala "Saga Of A Star World"). Hector & Vector could stay, but lose that whole song and dance bit.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote