COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default Thanks - and now for what I really think...

Thank you, everybody, for your welcome. I really appreciate it.

My view, simply put, is that the season of BSG we have (note, please, that I also ignore G80) was badly flawed. It was rushed into production to catch the Star Wars wave, and the rush showed in the writing, casting, performances, special effects, everything.

What I saw was an incredible promise left lacking in the execution, basically. I love the story, the basic premise is incredible. But no matter how much I enjoyed the show when I was a teenager, I am more sophisticated now and I expect more. And, in general, I think I am pretty average in that regard.

Personally, I would prefer to see a continuation. I would love to see some of the original cast (particularly the ones no longer with us - I'm very sad about those losses), but not in major roles, I think, this time. I mean, while an actor is only as good as his material (and, as I said, much of the writing left much to be desired), some of the talent was less than stellar.

I am thrilled there is a BSG revival. I'm fairly impressed they have a Hugo Award-winning writer at the helm. I am not real happy at some of the "reimagining" I'm hearing, though, and I flat don't like some of it (particularly changing the names to 20th Century Earth normal).

Myself, I would like to see a continuation - or even a re-telling - with cutting-edge effects, edgier writing, and realistic and compelling performances.

I'm not as turned on by the idea of a prequel.

But, I'm not the one making the decisions. The guy with the checkbook does that. "Tilting at the SciFi windmill," Lucien? I like that. It sums up my feelings, too.

Still, If what we get is a well-written, well-acted, well-presented BattleStar Galactica, "re-imagined" or not, aren't we all ahead of the game?

Sorry - another long message. I don't know why that has been eating at me for the last few weeks, but I really needed to say it.

I'm sure you guys will tell me if I'm too far off base.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol

Last edited by Dawg; March 16th, 2003 at 08:03 AM..
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote