ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Question BSG vs. BSG Debate

Greetings from a real newbie. I have never taken part in a forum like this before. In fact, I've found 'bboards' like this complicated and rather intimidating as I've encountered them in the past, even as recently as over the past couple of weeks as I purused the various BSG boards at SciFi.com, BattlestarGalactica.com, and here.

I decided to become a member here, rather than elsewhere, for a couple of important reasons. First of all, I like how this is laid out, it's not as confusing as some. Still, I'll probably limit myself to this particular board (maybe even this particular thread) since I'm not likely to log on every day and it will be a little less confusing that way.

The other reason is the environment. To put it most simply, I feel more comfortable here than I did reading, say, the SciFi.com BSG boards; I think I will get the reasoned and lively debate and discussion I'm looking for rather than a series of mean-spirited attacks I've seen elsewhere.

I was home sick for a few days towards the end of February, and I caught a number of episodes of SciFi's marathon of BSG episodes. I remembered fondly the first time I saw BSG as a teenager, and I decided to check out SciFi.com to get more information. I was surprised to learn about the new miniseries, and was even more surprised at how polorized and viscious some of the comments were.

Now, I have an opinion, too, and I really want to express it, but not in a forum that is just as likely to flame me as want to discuss the whys and wherefores and hows that I came to this opinion by.

This message is a little long, and I'm sorry for that, but there's my basic reason for being here.

I suspect just about everyone here is in favor of a continuation scenario for the new miniseries, and that information from the pre-production of the miniseries is that it's not going to be that way. Is that accurate?

I read various messages from Michael Faries, who, I understand, runs BattlestarGalactica.com. Is he also involved in the production of the miniseries? :confused:

Anyway, if someone would be so kind as to bring me up to speed, and if there are folks out there who would like to discuss this BSG v. BSG debate, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote