Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default The Magnificent Warriors

The Magnificent Warriors

Original Airdate: November 12, 1978

Writer: Glen A. Larson.

Director: Christian I Nyby II.

Guest Cast: Brett Somers (Siress Belloby), Barry Nelson (Bogan), Eric Server (Dipper), Dennis Fimple (Duggy).

A Cylon attack destroys two colonial agroships and damages a third. Adama sends a team down to a nearby planet in search of new seed for crops. Once there, the Colonials come to the aid of the local inhabitants who are being terrorized by the pig-like Borays

Shooting this episode proved to be a difficult prospect for director Christian Nyby. One key sequence required that the Borays, mounted on camels, ride dramatically into town. Short on camels, the producers added horses galloping towards the back to add greater size to the charge. Cowboys, wearing pig masks were hired to ride the animals.

As Nyby explains, “These cowboys hated these camels. I remember we were having trouble getting them to charge because the horses were balking at the back. They didn’t like the smell of the camels. We did this charge down across the bridge. We had done it a couple of times and we finally got a good take but I had to do it again because one of the cowboys lost his pig mask as he came by. We all saw the mask go off, but he was trying so hard to be a good trooper about it that he had his faced all scrunched up like a pig because he didn’t want to do it again.”

“The lead Boray was actually a publicity agent that used to walk around the studio all the time,” recalls Nyby. “He just sort of had the look. He was an actor too and was always looking for a part so we brought him in and had a mask made for him. We had two or three masks that we could have in the foreground and then we had others of cheaper quality in the background.”

peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote