Thread: Star gazing
View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2005, 07:13 PM   #8
Tabitha
Bad Email Address

Its evening in the desert, the stars are out, and the air is cool. From my favorite spot I can look down into the valley and see the lights of the city. If I look away, it is the blackness of the desert. Off in the distance, the mountains, Four Peaks, and others look like Gods hand, cradeling us in His palm. Its comforting.
I will probably go there tonight, I will probably stand on the rock that thrusts up like a podium, as if that is the place to go to talk to Him. Then I will sit on the hood and listen to music and let the day drift away from me. Then it will be back home, and tomorrow it will start again. I hope you all have a special place to go when you need time away. The world is a great place to be, but sometimes we all need a break from it. Next summer I will return to the beaches and the diving shops, I will do all the things I can do in the summer. But it is winter here in the desert, and it is football season, and I have obligations to fulfill. Life sometimes takes work to enjoy, but I think that life, no matter how hard it is, is better than the alternitive.

tabbi
Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote