View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #32
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Default Re: Chronicles of Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Treader

I'm one of those that got to enjoy the material presented in the film "cold". I never read any of the books, don't plan to read them, but I have enjoyed the films very much.

I was a bit hesitant about seeing it because critics were less than kind about what they thought of it. When I read one critic's complaint that "it's not as good as Harry Potter", I'm wondering what the hell that was about. HP and Narnia are completely different types of stories - it's like comparing Star Trek to Star Wars...can't be done.

I liked the film more than I expected to because of the lambasting by critics, but the fact that the theater was nearly packed on a Sunday afternoon was certainly a good sign. When I recently saw the recent HP film on opening weekend, it wasn't nearly as full.

What I really liked about this film was that it took place aboard a ship, but the screenwriters didn't turn it into a fantasy genre version of Pirates of the Caribbean". I enjoyed all of the characters and missed the couple that were absent, but I would see this film again or buy it on DVD when it comes out.

Well worth the price of admission!

Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote