View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2003, 12:35 PM   #7
Dayton3
Shuttle Pilot

Quote:
Originally posted by repcisg
Now I’ve been beaten up before for saying this, but nowhere in the Pilot or series is there any mention of how many Battlestars were in the Colonial fleet. Only after the series was canceled and fans kept asking did the number 5 come out. According to old preproduction scripts now out on the net, Larson did want 5 in the opening scene, but later in the same scripts he implies there others as well as many smaller ships.

One publication, from Space Waist, and often quoted said there were originally 12. That number has never been challenged either. So the issue is really up in the air. Personally I take the number 5 as much to small, I have counted 22 in the pilot and the formation suggests 24. Which is a much more reasonable number considering Adama’s willingness to not push his opinions of the Cylons with Pres. Adar.
How do you come up with that many Battlestars in the Pilot? Not that I disagree with you. I would be thrilled to think their were a large number of battlestars there. But I never saw it.

All I remember were the five battlestars. The Atlantia exploded. Galactica withdrew, and three were seen still being attacked behind Galactica.

where do all the others come in?