View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #13
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Okay....

That was just fantastic! (and a bit frustrating....)

I remember watching the first episode of Exeter and really liking it - I think that it captures the TOS Trek feel perfectly.

From there, I discovered New Voyages and Hidden Frontier (TNG era Trek). I was blown away by the production style of New Voyages, but some of the updated material and effects pulls you out of the "moment" of watching the show. I also admire Hidden Frontier for their CGI VFX and sets, not to mention their excellent use of the green screen filming process.

"The Tressaurian Intersection" was a wonderful re-visit to the world of Exeter and TOS-Style Trek. I think that the production methods are first rate and it really makes you feel right back in 1966 watching TOS Trek. I thought that the sets, VFX, original soundtrack and the production efforts are flawless. I think that my only critique would be some of the costumes - most looked really good, but some, not so much. I will say that the costumes have come a long way since the first episode though.

I can't wait for the rest of this episode to come out! That's the frustrating part....

Best,
Bryan

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote