View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2004, 11:53 AM   #70
KJ
Strike Leader

We BG fans think alike Eric! I just love the fact he introduced so much. i've only read some of the important storyarcs in his fanfics. But wow, i read the stories he has done and i think to myself THATS HOW LARSON SHOULD have done it.

But seeing as Larson did G80 and Buck Rogers season 2 and yes fans mull over the weird 2nd season outline that cropped up? Nope Larson didn't envision what Adam and many other here did about what really would have happened in season 2. It has been said Larson pretty excellent at selling a fantastic concept for a series, but once thats done he should step well back from it. And just handle the producing duties. I've always said from; McCloud through Qunicy, The Six Million Dollarman, BG, Buck Rogers, The Fall Guy and Knight Rider were Larson's golden years most of what came after that era was he best recognised work (mostly because most of them are so well known), soon died afterwards.

Reading Adam's The New Threat and several others. This is the stuff of "Legend" what every fan more or less dreamed might have happened, it's like most fans think on the same wavelength far as imagination goes. Adam even done some character driven stories rather than actions ones involving dog fighting battles with Cylons. And a TOS Star Trek kinda episode with Apollo on trial for negligence resulting in the deaths of a ship's crewmates?

I've practically downloaded all his stories but have yet to finish reading all he did. His stuff along with other fanfics like "Ending and Beginnings" and "School of Fear" from other places. It is the stuff that makes Galactica fandom all the more enjoyable to be a fan of just like B5, Star Trek and Star Wars etc.

KJ

P.S. Eric didn't you do the story with Colonel Tolan? If it was you. It most certainly a great read. i got it saved somewhere. Got to read it completely as of yet. but you've joined the club of great BG fanfic writers alright. Have you done any more?