View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #15
Archangel
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
Here is it, the third act of the 14th Colony Survey series. Mixed in are some questions requiring simple answers, and a few that ask for deep thought. None of them ask for a “Duh, that’s so obvious” response. Like the prior surveys, please copy and paste the questions to your message, so people don’t have to look back at the original questions when they read your answers. Thanks. I hope you enjoy this one.

1- What form of physical contact between friends, family, or spouses do you think the majority of people find most important? Think again. The answer in my mind, IMHO, is not so much pleasure but emotional value.
A) A kiss.
B) A hug.
C) Holding hands.

Holding hands. It's a form of physical contact that can be comforting and can go on for as long as you like, even in public

2- If you could eliminate one thing from the whole wide world that would result in the greatest benefit to mankind, what would it be?
A) Sickness and debilitating diseases.
B) Poverty and starvation.
C) Hatred, intolerance, and indifference.

C. As much as I hate to say it, the others could never be eliminated

3- Do you think that our society has advanced in a productive, healthy, conscientious way? Have we really come that far in the last few hundred years? Why or why not?

The toys have become more advanced, but the people who use them are no different than those who lived during medieval times. If and when the time comes that we are finished killing each other, then I'll say that we as a people have advanced

4- Are you the same person you were when you answered my first survey? I don’t mean your name, DNA, or Social Security number, ect. Your beliefs, ideals, personality, and so on.

Never answered the first survey.

5- If you had to evacuate your home in the face of oncoming disaster, aside from loved ones and pets, what three items of particular emotional or symbolic importance would you take with you? What I mean is, what things that mean the most to you as far as your inspiration, your interests, the things that make you or add to what you are, would you take with you if limited to just 3?

Change of clothes and my photo album. I hate running around town naked (clothes) and as for the photo album, everything else can be replaced except memories. Oops... almost forgot my grandmother's bible

6- What films or books, in your opinion, have given a strong message and left an impact on society, either American or worldwide?

7- If you are, or have wanted to be, a screenwriter, name a film that you would have liked to have been involved in because of its uniqueness and/or contradiction to accepted visual styles and methods of storytelling (not the Star Wars saga.). Or in general, for any reason, what film? Why?

Citizen Kane. That film was ahead of it's time in writing and shooting style

8- Your favorite foods, and drinks: Anything Italian for food. Captain Morgan (rum)is my buddy

9- Your Top Ten favorite films:

Not in any real order:

Star Trek II
Citizane Kane
Hellfighters
Star Trek IV
Star Wars: ANH
Underworld
Big Trouble In Little China
Star Trek: First Contact
The Lost Boys
Highlander

10- Your Top Ten favorite TV shows:

Star Trek
Star Trek:TNG
First Wave
DaVinci's Inquest
Babylon 5
Tom Stone
Highlander
BSG
The Beachcombers
Psi-Factor

11- Your Top Ten favorite TV personalities, based on their personalities or the character growth you’ve seen in them:

Not sure what you mean. Actors or other?
12- Are there any celebrities whom you thoroughly disliked for a long time, only to later start to like them and enjoy their shows, acting, appearances, routine, ect.?

Ben Stiller. No, strike that. I still don't like him

13- What physical aspect or actions, either minor or extreme, of a Star Wars character caught your attention in a way that most people would not notice?

Chewie's fur is actually kind of thin
14- Name a personal activity or form of entertainment that you had always looked down upon as obnoxious and infantile, which you are surprised or embarrassed to admit you now enjoy watching or doing?

Can't think of any. the more infantile, the better

15- If you could not be of the race, creed, or nationality that you are, what would you have yourself be? Italian... Good food

16- Whether or not you saw the Rob Schneider movie The Hot Chick, if you woke up one day and found that you had been transformed into the body of the opposite sex, how would you react? Would you freak out? How would you adapt?

Freak Out. Then bwecome the busiest lesbian around

The next two won't be simple. These are the ones you really have to contemplate...

17- Pain is all in the mind. We all know that pain and pleasure, and all of our senses, are how our brain interprets the signals sent by the sense receptors throughout our bodies, which means, from a certain mode of thinking, that all of what we hear, see, feel, taste, enjoy, dislike, are merely how our brain translates the data it receives and are not real. In times of great physical pain, have you ever tried to remind yourself that the pain was not real, that it was merely your brain’s interpretation, and tried to lessen the pain by focusing on separating the brain’s translation of the pain receptors from the wound itself?
Likewise, have you ever listened to music you enjoyed, and really tried to analyze what it was you were enjoying, why you were enjoying it, and how it was making you feel the way you did? Have you ever chewed your food very slowly, pondering why you enjoyed it, how you enjoyed it, and what exactly was “enjoyment”? How about your visual, sensual, and olfactory enjoyments?

On occasion I try to analyze experiences with senses besides vision or sense of touch. but to refect on why I enjoy something? Not really

18- Michael Corleone said, in Godfather II, “Wealth is just a trick of the rich to keep the poor without it.”
Money makes the world go around. Without it, we couldn’t survive. But we work like dogs and get treated like dogs, by evil bosses who crush us for more money in their bonuses, as ordered by their bosses who do the same to them. Our rents go up or we have trouble making our mortgage, we struggle, and there are many who lost the struggle long ago and are poor and homeless. The more we struggle to buy what we need/want, the more the prices go up and it becomes harder and harder to make ends meet. The more we pay, the more they want; and the more they want, the more we have to make. In many corporations workers are pushed beyond their limits and paid less and given less staff to do more work, in effect crushed by those above them who use them to gain more. Money is saved on payroll and less people have jobs, and managers work harder and get nothing but stress, for the gain of those above them. And the more we struggle, the less we enjoy life in a society ruled by love of money and people intent on crushing others to gain more. But what other choice is there? Can you think of another way for the people of the world to live by, where money is not needed but goods and products are still manufactured and people are able to trade and get what they need to enjoy life without so much struggle and suffering and being taken advantage of by people of power and greed? Could such a world be realistically possible? Is the world as we know it the only way? I am not talking about the Second Coming here or New Jerusalem, for those who have that faith, so please limit your answer or answers to means of human planning and abilities only.
As long as humanity is dead-set on the aquisition of wealth, we will always have homelessness or other unfortunate ways of life. I find the big joke in the way we live is that we strive for things that are altogether unimportant. Such as status.
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote