View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2020, 02:11 PM   #204
Jayworld
Warrior

Default Re: Battlestar Galactica Movie News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon View Post
To me, I'd settle for any of these things:

1-Some officially commissioned novels or a comic book series that does it *right* which hasn't happened since Realm Press. Have a story editor who knows all the episodes inside out who could put a halt to the constant trend toward disregarding what happened before and not building off the previous stories.

2-An audio drama that utilizes the existing music score/sound F/X and maybe utilizes the vocal talents of Anne and Dirk. I had a chance to hear an audio drama by "Broken Sea Audio" made in 2009 that unfortunately took a long time to get to the point and when it did it alas left us hanging for a follow-up series they never bothered to do. ("Return of A Hero" was much better utilizing the limited resources of existing dialogue from episodes)

The animated option would be interesting but I admit I'm not a big fan of that storytelling style. I'm not into fan movies either but would certainly give a well-written one a shot.
At this point, Eric, an animated series based upon a continuation of the original BG might be the best and perhaps only way to go, especially if it had a Tom DeSanto type buy-in. It could feature the voice talents of Herb Jefferson, Dirk Benedict, Anne Lockhart, Terry Carter and others. By doing an animated series, whether digital or more traditional, it would have the ability of having the original cast look older but still look like the characters they played rather than new actors portraying classic roles (such as the new Star Trek films).