TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Battlestar Galactica 1978 Re: 01: Saga Of A Star World

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDE View Post
... Let's face it: more people are familiar with the new version and the public might not be so trilled about returning to the past. ...
I keep hearing this and frankly, I think it's felgercarb of the bovine variety.

Thinking like this justifies burying Battlestar Galactica and allowing a pretender to take its place. Thinking like this allows the over-write of an entertainment icon, and a sci-fi treasure.

Thinking like this makes me cranky.

But thanks to thinking like this, I now believe any possibility of seeing a professional studio production actually based on Battlestar Galactica in the next 10 years is virtually nil. It almost certainly eliminates any possibility of a production including the original actors. Universal would have to give permission, too - and we all know what boneheads inhabit the loftier levels of the Black Tower.

That's not to say everyone at Universal is a bonehead - but you have to wonder sometimes.

I hope I'm wrong, but in the meantime it's up to people like us to keep the old girl alive and kicking. And maybe, just maybe, before we die we will see something out of Hollywood that we can identify as Battlestar Galactica.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote