View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:13 AM   #21
Jayworld
Warrior

Default PS2 and..... Intellivision!

This will probably show my age (no need to guess, I'm 37), but my second game system (first was the Odyssey 2 by Magnavox) was the Mattel Intellivision, that I received for Christmas in 1982. Just imagine, 22 years later, and I still have the original system, which still works perfectly, with over 50+ games, the original Intellivoice, and the hard-to-find INTV games.

All that means....

Yes, I got the Intellivision Lives game for my Playstation 2 for Christmas, which is now my system of choice. I got my PS2 last June, after spending 2 months of research, comparing features and prices, playing demos in the stores. Yes, XBox has better graphics and a hard drive, but in the end, I didn't like the controller's "feel" near as well as the PS2, and being a lifetime Mac user, Microsoft had to really sell me on their system over Sony, and they didn't. I also liked the backwards compatibility of the PS2 with PSOne games. I don't buy many games, but have seven PS2 games, and 3 PSOne games (Planet of the Apes definitely rocks!). I own Battlestar for PS2, and have had it since Christmas. It's lots of fun, especially with the Apollo and Starbuck wingmen, but I spend most of my time playing ESPN Football 2K4 or NCAA Football 2004 (I'm a sports nut).

By the way, for those of you that love Halo, it is now available for the Mac....

Thanks,
Jayworld
Jayworld is offline   Reply With Quote