View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #7
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Re: Names of Viper Squadrons

This ought to be revived, forgot how great it all was!

Some more ideas.....

* Io Squadron

* Helios Squadron

* Phoenix Squadron

* Warlock Squadron

* Titan Squadron (or Titananus Squadron)

* Chimaera Squadron

* Argo Squadron

* Phaethon Squadron (would've been a neat Battelstar Solaria 'Viper Squadron' sounding name, if you get the reference etc?)

* Erebus Squadron.

* Valkyrie Squadron (Another all-female Viper Squadron! Makes sense 'motif/mythology' wise?)

(And i really like the names "Agrippa Squadron and Vulcan Squadron". They sound very BSG -"ish" for a Viper Squadron name.)

Just some random names we haven't done before, figured i'd add even more.

Man, the potential this series had never ceases to amaze me. Its no wonder they always say, its the fan/fanbase thats the core and heart of any show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ
Battlestar Galactica fans would have their own equivalent to the 'Star Wars Rogue Squadron' series by Dark Horse Comics then. About the Galactica's other Viper Squadron of pilots. Plenty of story potential in what was basically Galactica's B-Squadron, that felt they weren't taken seriously enough and needed a bigger break and to take on more headlining dangerous missions in order to serve the fleet better.
Sweet concept for any spin offs within BSG had it kept going. Remember a Power Ranger (SPD) series that focus on the B-Squad. Eventually they had to confront the elite A-Squad that turned traitor, and had to surpass the more advance group in order to overcome their position.

Might've been one of the ways to analyze the different perspectives of Galactica's other squadrons and their pilots and see how they look at their individual role onboard ship in comparison to Adama's elite "Blue Squadron" personal strike wing.

Who thinks we ought to take our Viper group names and start our own comic series much like Star Wars has their Rogue's Squadron. Can't see why not, not as if Dynamite entertainment did us any real favors, perhaps a fan produced BSG comic series might turn up some very interesting 'must read' tales online?!

Serious 'Food For Thought'! questions i thought i leave for everybody

KJ