ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default Saying goodbye to an old and dear friend

This post is a little painful to write. It is my sad duty to report that this evening, we were informed that one of our most senior members and long-time Moderators - and great good friend - has passed away.

We knew him as Gemini1999, and on the night of March 17 (St. Patrick's Day, of all days), he lost his short battle with pancreatic cancer.

Bryan was a good friend to us all, and we are devastated by his loss. He will be sorely missed.

It seems appropriate to suggest that we honor his passing by contributing in his name to a fundraiser that is not only targeted at pancreatic cancer, but is definitely sci-fi themed; the "Trek Against Pancreatic Cancer" fundraiser (#trekagainstpancreaticcancer) was organized by Kitty Swink and Armin Shimerman (Quark), and Jonathan Frakes (Riker), in partnership with the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. This fundraiser is universally supported by the Star Trek cast, and I can't think of a better way to honor the memory of a true sci-fi fan than to contribute whatever we can in his name. www.kittyswink.com will direct you to the donation site.

I know a chunk of my next paycheck is going to them in the name of Bryan Garrett.

Godspeed, my friend.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote