View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #34
martok2112
Colonial Story Teller

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Thank you, Julix,

I appreciate the very kind words about the story. It was written as I would imagine a big screen continuation (or perhaps a miniseries continuation) to be. I am glad it reached you as a TOS fan.

The realism factor is something that I wanted to work with, because I've always had an affinity for Tom Clancy's work. I figured that everything of importance to the fleet and Earth has more important ramifications than episodic television (at least back in the 70's) would allow for. Besides, when it came to Earth's military, it just had to be realistic. My experience as a former solider allowed me to do that. I didn't wanna go too over the top with the realism, and spoil the spirit of the Classic show, but I did want it to have the edgy enough realism (for both the Galacticans and Earth people) to make it plausible in today's market.

I am glad that you, and everyone else who has read it, have seen it for what it was intended to be....a genuine continuation story. I feel like I have done my job.

I have resumed work on the sequel, "Battlestar Galactica: Reciprocity", and those of you who've read "Dark Exodus" know that I have my work cut out for me. I am also engaging in a very big parallel of sci-fi utilizing a certain "recently popular" movie as the backdrop. It will probably be my best work yet, perhaps even better than my Galactica based stories. Only Julix has detailed knowledge of precisely what this story will be.....mua ha ha ha ha. ....And she ain't tellin' a soul, right Julix?

Well, time to go host Karaoke and make my paltry way.

From one warrior to another

Respectfully,
Martok2112