View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #2
CBSG4ever
Warrior Ace

Location: In My Battlestar over San Diego waiting for everyone else...

Hang in there bsg1fan1975,
I know that moving can be a stressful time. I can identify with you on this. I may need to move in six mos. or so because the apt. complex I'm in is raising rent and feeing us to death! Moving is something I'm not really looking forward to.

About your brother, I do hope nothing comes of the situation over there. If this is any comfort to you, consider this. I had a friend who was in the Army about 20 years ago. While he was in, his unit was sent to S. Korea for several weeks as part of a joint field excercise that took place on an annual basis. They do this to test how troops and materiel function on a fairly moderate scale every so often for evaluating how everything works together. Since you said that he wrote this at the end of his correspondence, and depending on his MOS, this could simply be the case. As I recall, they are away from any outside communication for that time. It sounds like he was trying to give you all a heads-up so your family wouldn't worry if they didn't hear from him. I certainly understand your concern though. I hope all is well too. My thoughts and prayers go out to you in this rough time. Wishing you and your family all the best.

Steve

"You're gonna need a bigger boat..." Chief Brody - Jaws
"Kind of a bummer gettin' your butt kicked by a dead guy" - Col. T.C. McQueen, S:AaB-(Ray Butts)
"A kind word and a 2-by-4 is better than just a kind word" - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5
"WIVES...uh...aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?" Starbuck - Living Legend
"Every creature in the Universe is out to exterminate us and YOU want to hire a vocal group." Boomer - Saga of a Starworld
CBSG4ever is offline   Reply With Quote