View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Adalla
Bad Email Address

Default A Great Sadness - BSG Short Film

Greetings all,

I am working on a BSG short film consisting only of CG elements (no live action) set in TNS. I saw that TNS creative endeavords are welcome here (I have seen more than a couple threads dedicated to them) and so I thought I'd share.

The animation is planned to be between 3.5 and 4.5 minutes and the storyline revolves around a recon Raptor which is on a recon mission during the attack on the colonies. It follows the story of this raptor and what it experiences. I dont want to give too much away so I dont spoil it :P

So far the material I posted has always been test material, but it should give you a good idea of the ships involved, the environments and the style of animation. I might post a few Teaser shots of the actual finished shots also

Currently what I share wont be glamerous, but after all I'm going to be looking for feedback on the work in progress mostly.

Anyways, here are some composition tests to test out the lighting of the battlestar. I have not done any lighting on the ship itself, this is only to test the sunlight and ambient lighting. For the record, I'm very new to CG, so there is a lot of trial and error involved and me trying a lot of different things.

720p no grain

720p w/ grain

sized up to 1080p (not rendered at 1080p) with grain

Reference Zoic image I'm using as a base. Although that image is not from the show, so doesnt have film grain I dont think, it is a beauty shot I believe.

Zoic

I hope this forum resizes images :P If not I'll have to try something else cause these are 720p and 1080p renders.

EDIT: yeah no resize...I'll have to link then.

To visit the homepage of my CG work go here
Adalla is offline   Reply With Quote