View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #10
Antelope

Default Roslin/Boxey/Baltar Speculation

I don't think Baltar is a cylon but my guess is as good as anyone elses. I question whether he went mad because of what he did or if he does have a "chip" in his head. I would say he had gone mad but madness wouldn't identify the cylon (6 picked the man with his help) but more importantly he had no reason to think anything about the device in the CIC (although I believe he did see such a device in 6's bag). I would like to see him travel down the path of madness not implant. His situation would make him the perfect delusional paranoid with a possible split personality.

Boxey's father being at the Space Station and his strange reaction to the 6 model to me only adds to the thought that she was a familar person to him he found in an impossible setting. If Boxey's Dad had a social or other relationship with a 6 model who knows what that means to Boxey. When Boxey was at the Caprica site with Boomer I don't know if there was any evidence he was taken there by his Mom. If Boxey was a cylon and planned on meeting Boomer who knows how he manipulated the situation. If the cylon plan is to find Earth and Galactica was intended to escape maybe they needed a human-cylon with the potential to last at least 2 to 3 generations on board as a spy. Also it is doubtful anyone would suspect a kid. Boomer mentions she was an orphan. I wonder if we will hear at some point that Boxey was adopted originally.

My earlier speculation on Roslin's ship being in a basestar was wrong once I relooked the mini. Her scenes outside of an audience of cancer would be unneeded if she was a cylon. Although she did herd the refugees she could have ordered them not to FTL jump if her goal was to kill them. I thought her finally questions of Adama on the issue of Earth a bit odd but no more odd than a new President might be if the CIA just told him that aliens really do exist. I don't put her being a cylon out of the realm of possibility but I think the chances are pretty slim.

I don't think Boomer is a sleeper either. I would love to see a Tyrol/Boomer/Callie love triangle in a series with Callie discovering Boomer is an evil cylon. The cat fight between the two would be good for ratings especially if Tyrol ended up between them with weapon drawn needing to pick between the two to save the Galactica from some immediate danger.