View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2004, 07:45 AM   #53
gmd3d
Major

I remember a show called "Fantastic Journey" in the 70s who can remember that show and is this "LOST" simular?? Fantastic Journey

Episode Information

Episode Number 1
First Aired February 3, 1977
Writer Michael Michaelian and Katharyn Michaelian Powers and
Story Merwin Gerard

Director Andrew V. McLaglen

Guest Stars: Mary Ann Mobley (as Rhea) Mary Ann Mobley (as Rhea) Gary Collins (as Dar-L) Scott Thomas (as Dr. Paul Jordan) Leif Erickson (as Captain Ben Wallace) Susan Howard (as Eve) Scott Brady (as Carl Johanson) Ian McShane (as Sir James Camden) Karen Somerville (as Jill) Don Knight (as Paget) Mike Road (as voice of the source) Byron Chung (as George) Jason Evers (as Atar) Jack Stauffer (as Andy) Lynn Borden (as Enid Jordan)

Synopsis

A group of scientists sailing the Caribbean are shipwrecked after entering a strange green mist. They do not know the island they are stranded and cannot explain why the land holds all kinds of different plants and animals that don't belong together (its like being in a zoo) two of the group tried to get to the shipping lanes in a small dingy to flag down help but died in the attempt they washed a shore the next day. Unknown to the rest of the group they were being watched by an Indian and when they traveled inland the Indian followed. when the Indian made himself know it was to fix a broken arm of the Capt. then lead the group to a cave for shelter where the group found a mummy and hieroglyphic's that don't belong together and also looked freshly painted that morning the Indian left as the group slept but young Scott woke and followed learning that he wasn't an Indian but a man from the 23rd century named Varian and he explained about the island and how he crashed here himself meanwhile 3 of the group Fred, Capt. Ben and Jill were being captured by strange what appear to be sixteenth century privateers, who still believe it is the sixteenth century. Scott's father Paul and Eve met up with Varian and Scott and work out a rescue plan Capt. Ben died from a snake bite while trying to take some of treasure with him but the rest escaped and started to head east and hopefully home

"The world is my country, science my religion.”
gmd3d is offline   Reply With Quote