View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2005, 09:37 PM   #15
shugotenshi
Nameless Redshirt Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollon
DarkJedi is correct. They can break if you start bashing away at hard objects. They are reasonably durable and can withstand some shock to a degree, but they are not toys and should not be dueled with (they way we guys tend to do). Master Replicas advises against dueling with them and clearly states this on the enclosed literature. Remember, they're marketed as collector's items, not toys. The sabers from Master Replicas do look and feel great, but if you're looking for a saber to duel with, Parks Sabers definitely deserve a look.

The ones from Parks Sabers have removable blades so you can wear the hilt on your Jedi (or Sith) costume if you are so inclined and are strong enough to duel with. It's even been reported that they've gone up against guys weilding Kendo sticks without damage. Besides the removable blades, the difference between Parks and Master Replicas is that Parks Sabers' blades are electro-luminescent lamps enclosed in a polycarbonate shell and light up the way an Indiglo watch does. Master Replicas' sabers use LEDs enclosed in a polycarbonate shell which allow the light to travel up and down the blade like in the films and have the sound effects which Parks does not. I really like my Master Replicas saber and I only wish they could make them with removable blades, but I've been tempted to order one from Parks. They are pricey, but look awesome!
I was looking for a good saber to daul with. Thanks for the link.
shugotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote