View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #20
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

What got me interested in Battlestar Galactica was Everything. I loved the action, The Quality of the Uniforms, The Acting, The Special Effects and the Rotating Command center. The Battlestar on the interior had that rivetted together look and its exterior had that worn-out look as if the Battlestar has been in space for a very long time. In fact a lot of the space ships in the show had that worn-out look.

I can not help it, if I compare every scifi show that was made after Battlestar Galactica. I have to say that Battlestar Galactica Was the best show ever to be on television because of its special effects and superior set designs. No scifi show has yet to equal the sets of BSG with it's rotating Command Center and its Tektronix Vectorscan Computer Display Consoles, Oscilliscopes, Curve Tracers and Spectrum Analyzers. Not even Star Trek The Next Generation did they ever come close. Even though I like Star Trek TNG, their control panels and computer displays looked too much like those motion soda dispenser advertisements, and their outerspace scenes was lacking.

Also BSG was ahead of its time. It predicted the Palm Pilot, CGI Computer Simulations, Pulse Detonation Rocket Engines, Ion Engines, and Plasma Drives. Even the military today uses vectorscan display consoles for their Jet Fighter Pilot Targeting Systems and simple alphanumeric CRTs for weapons delivery systems.

The Thing that I like the most about Battlestar Galactica was the Larger Than Life Presence of Lorne Greene. When I found out that He passed away in 1987, that really bumbed me out. If they ever do a movie or a New TV series with all of the orginal actors, Battlestar Galactica Will never be the same without him.

Last edited by vectrex70; January 8th, 2004 at 10:01 PM..
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote