Old September 3rd, 2004, 03:31 PM   #87
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon and PingPongBallEye

why do angels need a spaceship? ...

Consider the possibility that the angels, i.e., Beings of Light, do not NEED a spaceship but, use it only they make contact with the Colonials.

Gentlemen,

Some points of your arguments are overlapping --

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingPongBallEye

Contrary to conventional Christian belief, the "gods" (or angels/devils if you prefer) are evolved, high-tech aliens, not supernatural beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Paddon

They are of a different plane, totally beyond the comprehension of the normal human mind, and I see no contradiction in the way the SOL are presented as "angels" in the conventional frame of mind as servants of the Divine, representing part of the Good-Evil struggle that like it or not *is* explicitly mentioned in WOTG.
These statements can both be true.

Example, how would WE appear, to someone of the 1st century AD? (Given our advancements in technology, we could very well appear as "gods" to them.)

Another example (scifi-related - ST:TOS--episode: The Paradise Syndrome) -- when Kirk saved the life of the Indian boy, by giving him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Kirk was revered as a "god", by the Indians (who had never seen this type of treatment employed). For Kirk, though, "breathing life into the child" was just a simple First-aid procedure.

It's all in appearances and perceptions.
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote