View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #21
KJ
Strike Leader

Thanks guys, as you can see it really needs to be refined somewhat but its one of many images in my head that i'd love to see happen in a Galactica movie.

You get the setup, then a little nod here and there and then the twist revealing whats really going on etc.

Actually i had another opening involving an aged Starbuck like a lone gunfighter breaking up a squabble between a rogueish bunch of Borellian Nomen running amuck on one of the Colonial vessels of the fleet and a semi retired Starbuck hanging around the ship had to break it up before they killed a group of overzealous "Council Security" guys. Other ideas i've had included Starbuck during a dogfight battle running out of power for his laser cannons on his Viper, and had to perform a rescue protecting his wingman thus had to flip over his Viper and open his canopy to use his blaster instead on the attacking Raider (sounds like wild crazy Starbuck thing huh?)

There are others i've got on my mind, major action sequences involving alot of things Galactica based but hardly any story to justify some of them. Although generally the rule of thumb is to have a story, being overly imaginative means sometimes the action for the story is there, but you then need the story to go along with it? If that makes any sense at all.

Those of you that might remember that BG "season by season outline" fanfic idea for a Galactica continuation series i had back in 2002 on the skiffy boards that i posted. I kinda have those thoughts aching for a rebirth of sorts. So if anything i could recycle a few of those concepts and think up ways for them to be in a BG movie that we ALL might work on together here. I remember somebody complimented me saying my idea was almost like Lord Of The Rings set in space kinda?

If so then the mythology of BG should still be intact then. Cos like both the Stargate movie and TV series the Von Daniken influences are a great inspirational standpoint inwhich to imagine new Galactica type stories Larson himself probably wanted BG to spring towards. Perhaps doing that and falling back on the original concepts of the show will allow for new ideas rather than rehashes.

Using the opening of my BG movie as an example. You see how its easy to use the original series as a launch pad for updated concepts, but i'm struggling for all new ones? This is what i want to address. To think outside the box for a change. What else can i do, to fix up/ re-write my BG movie opening if it were to be scripted like that.

Hopefully more food for thought?

Like i said before, perhaps the digital artists of Colonial Fleets could "Pre-Vis" any theories in CGI a short 3 minute sequence thus outlining in actual visual detail how exactly a storyboarded opening event for a big screen Galactica production would kick off. Ya never know some budding movie executive or media news hound might report yet another fan production from the net and turn a few heads to what certain website is up to?

Anyways i'd love to hear everybody else's BG movie outline, loaded with action scenes movie executives and stunt crews would bicker night and day over?

KJ